Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Friedman just said on HNIC that the front office is scheduling a visit to Russia to see him. It was mentioned a few weeks ago by Hughes/Gorton.

Reactions: Zilo44

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
With the way the 2nd line looks, I wouldn’t oppose bringing him over and play him
With Dach and Laine

Push back Newhook on the third with Gallagher and Anderson

Reactions: Big Lurk

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Hope they bring a big suitcase (and poke some air holes in it)
They just hired this guy to come along. He’s got a lot of particular skills that can help

IMG_2478.jpeg

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
An interesting situation has arisen in the KHL. Michal Kryštof left the team before the end of his contract, with the IIHF approving the move because the KHL is no longer under the auspices of the ФХР and thus the IIHF too, also there is no agreement with other leagues. I wonder if you'll try to replicate a similar move with Demidov transiting through a European team. :huh:

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Did SKA trade for someone? The current team is mediocre.
SKA is second in their division, one point back, they have the third or fourth best record in the KHL last I saw and the second best offense in the league. Also one of the best goal differentials.

They are actually a top 3 KHL team at the moment.

Edit: the issue they have is kuznetsov has asked to play with demidov. Thus why when kuz is out demidov doesn’t play. SKA is a tough veteran top khl team if it wasn’t for kuz, demidov would be in the junior leagues, they can’t loan him out in the last year of his contract.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
SKA is second in their division, one point back, they have the third or fourth best record in the KHL last I saw and the second best offense in the league. Also one of the best goal differentials.

They are actually a top 3 KHL team at the moment.

Edit: the issue they have is kuznetsov has asked to play with demidov. Thus why when kuz is out demidov doesn’t play. SKA is a tough veteran top khl team if it wasn’t for kuz, demidov would be in the junior leagues, they can’t loan him out in the last year of his contract.
He doesn't play even when Kuznetsov is in the lineup.

I don't get why the Habs front office would want to do business in such a public manner. That isn't their modus operandi.​
Presumably they want to meet with Demidov and go over his options.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
What’s the strongest language I’m allowed to use here to describe this deuschebag?

Rotenberg can say whatever he wants in the media, but it seems pretty clear cut based on Demidov's on-ice results, versus his playing time, that he's being made an example of.

Whether he's being punished because he refuses to resign or he's going to the NHL at the end of the year, Rotenberg's actions go directly against what he is saying about Demidov's development being the most important, which seems like straight-up lip service.

I would guess that these decisions aren't solely Rotenberg's to make, though. He's simply the puppet who has to carry out the orders.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Kent Hughes going over personally is interesting..

I originally thought it would just be Bobrov. To be honest I'd be a little nervous if I was Mrs. Hughes. I know Russia isn't some death trap, but we're essentially at war with them currently and it just seems odd that we have citizens flying over for business.

Reactions: malcb33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad