Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So Rotenberg back to benching him in the 3rd and OT, despite producing with no ice.

Time for Jeff to send another message.

Untitled design.png

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
The good news that SKA are using the carrot and the stick method to get Demidov to sign is that we now know Rottenberg is not completely devoid of intelligence. He actually has a reason to play him only 4 minutes a game. So maybe a deal will be possible if he realizes Demidov won't sign.

There should be a moment when it will be worth it for SKA to take a cash payment for Demidov. It could be in 3 months, 4 months or later. And I assume if they don't take the money it's because they want to use him in the playoffs, which is fine too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not to stir things up but with the reports about SKA offering him a contract and him refusing, if you look at his TOI in the 1st 9 games he played between 10:02 and 16:26, with only 3 games under 13;36, at the time he was on pace to be near the KHL All Time U-20 points record as Kaprisov has the record and he did it with a .86 ppg. Demidov was at a .8 ppg.

Not only did they then cut his TOI to between a low of 3:17 to 13:49 in 8 games but only 2 of them have been over 7:32. At this time they also stopped using him on the PP. He went from an ave PP TOI of under 2 mins to now he's at 0:38 ave PP TOI in 17 games and during 5 on 3 he's still at 0:00 despite being one of the teams highest goal scorers.

Certainly looks bad that he was playing great and producing despite not getting a ton of PP time and 3rd line TOI. Then they try to re-sign him, he says no and his TOI gets cut badly and his PP TOI is almost nil.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The good news that SKA are using the carrot and the stick method to get Demidov to sign is that we now know Rottenberg is not completely devoid of intelligence. He actually has a reason to play him only 4 minutes a game. So maybe a deal will be possible if he realizes Demidov won't sign.

There should be a moment when it will be worth it for SKA to take a cash payment for Demidov. It could be in 3 months, 4 months or later. And I assume if they don't take the money it's because they want to use him in the playoffs, which is fine too.
Dropping his TOI to nearly 3mins, more like the belt method:laugh:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
10 pts in 17 games with that situation, that's totally impressive.

I always see him as a very good playmaker, but his shoot, wow!!

Draft this talent at 5, it's feel like drafting at number one. He is a #1 overall caliber talent in most drafts 100%.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
A big effort was made this week to explain to fans they do not control his ice time. Gorton came out of the blue to give interviews and now THN has an article about it.

That's what a well oiled PR machine looks like

Breathe, Canadiens fans. The charismatic Russian who wants to channel his inner Kobe in the mecca of hockey playing for the most passionate fanbase in the world is coming. A bump in the road isn’t going to impede him from achieving his goal of helping Montreal get back to their championship-winning ways.

Reactions: Redux91

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
A big effort was made this week to explain to fans they do not control his ice time. Gorton came out of the blue to give interviews and now THN has an article about it.

Gorton goes out of his way to address the issue and in the same week a TVA reporter's source spills the beans on SKA pressuring Demidov to sign a new contract.

200w.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Yeah not concerned in the slightest
This will help shape him for the better too, wanting to prove forever he should have been used more when he's lighting it up for us

The actual concern would of been actually signing the contract extension lol

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
In the Habs post draft videos, one of the scouts said Demidov could be a future number 1 center. I wouldn't be surprised at if he played center for us long term. Imagine we could make it work under the cap to have Demidov-Suzuki-Dach as our top 3 centers.
Yeah they actually mixed up the clips in montage. He was actually talking about Lidstrom. :sarcasm:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Like Hutson, he is going not just only a star type of player, he is literally a superstar guy.

I hesitate to buy a jersey between Demidov and Hutson, maybe both lol

Reactions: 26Mats

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
10 pts in 17 games with that situation, that's totally impressive.

I always see him as a very good playmaker, but his shoot, wow!!

Draft this talent at 5, it's feel like drafting at number one. He is a #1 overall caliber talent in most drafts 100%.
He could have been #1 in every draft in the last 10 years minus Bedard, Matthews, mcdavid. I understand going with cellebrini #1 last year but kid should have been 2 and honestly seems more talented, just not a centre so that lowers it a little

• Love
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Jul 6, 2016
He could have been #1 in every draft in the last 10 years minus Bedard, Matthews, mcdavid. I understand going with cellebrini #1 last year but kid should have been 2 and honestly seems more talented, just not a centre so that lowers it a little
He could had been drafted #2 no doubt about it. Chicago missed the boat. They could have had Bedard-Demidov combo to terrorize the league for many, many years. Habs were lucky to get him at #5. If not, they would have had to select Sennecke or Iginla.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad