Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
For sure, Michkov and Demidov would have been a lethal duo, they complete each other perfectly. But damm, I'm soo hype with potential to combine Slaf - Suzuki - Demidov. That's going to be incredible to watch.

I'm sad for Patrik Laine, but damm, Demidov is the best thing to happen for Habs since long long time

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Demi doing a good job trying to build chemistry with Bardakov you could see they are looking for each other out there.
The other notable is how much better it is for him when De Angelo is out there.
Finally a Dman who not only knows when to give a forward the puck but can actually execute it.

Reactions: overlords

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If Laine is out for an entended period of time (which he is expected to be), is buying Demidov's contract and bringing him oversea feasible?

I would consider it fairly closely right now.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
If Laine is out for an entended period of time (which he is expected to be), is buying Demidov's contract and bringing him oversea feasible?

I would consider it fairly closely right now.

I know it sucks to lose Laine for a big chunk of the season, but we shouldn't have a kneejerk reaction about it and just let things play out.

Let's see how Roy and others manage things on the second line with Dach and Newhook, and go from there.

As far as Demidov goes, let me just say that although I'm not a fan of Rotenberg's usage of him the icetime/deployment Demidov currently gets is pretty par for the course as far as KHL rookies go.

But watching his games it's pretty clear that Demidov is learning the ropes playing every game against pro-level competition.

The main thing though is that I see some positive signs of development from him each game, and as long as that continues I feel that you just have to let him play his season out there.

So yeah, patience is key here. Sorry to be the bearer of slow/boring news but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad