Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I am looking forward to see Laine and Dach after having missed almost a full season last year. Do our expectations about them too high for this coming season ?
I’m so stoked. Laine is a game changer and Dach has the potential to be one. Sometimes it’s just about putting players in the right situations and watching them thrive. Give them time to gel together and hopefully they can form some chemistry. They’re 2nd and 3rd picks so the talent is there. Add Slaf and you have a 1-2-3 line!

Jul 6, 2016
I’m so stoked. Laine is a game changer and Dach has the potential to be one. Sometimes it’s just about putting players in the right situations and watching them thrive. Give them time to gel together and hopefully they can form some chemistry. They’re 2nd and 3rd picks so the talent is there. Add Slaf and you have a 1-2-3 line!
I am not worried about their talent (Dach and Laine), just their physical shape after one full season of non-hockey.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is Demidov's first game at 8:00 AM?
My schedule shows 10:00 AM but that doesn't mesh with the 7 hr time difference?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For me it is still a mystery why SKA decided to let Michkov go to NHL even he had still a valid contract for two more seasons. Did Flyers payed them a huge ransom ? is Michkov such a bad teamate ? The kid is supposed to be the second best young player in the World behind Celibrini. Why not keep him and use him to win games, give a good show, etc… ?

And now, they might try very hard to have Demidov sign a long term contract for the coming seasons…..

I don't understand it either and haven't gotten a satisfying answer up to now. What's even stranger is SKA, in their statement, said they were going to loan him once again. I didn't think he looked anywhere near as good as Bedard last year, but if he comes in and plays really well, that decision by SKA will make no sense at all.

Reactions: themilosh

Jul 6, 2016
I don't understand it either and haven't gotten a satisfying answer up to now. What's even stranger is SKA, in their statement, said they were going to loan him once again. I didn't think he looked anywhere near as good as Bedard last year, but if he comes in and plays really well, that decision by SKA will make no sense at all.
Yeah. It all smells bad. They say it was some kind of good faith gesture because the kid endured the tragic (and still mysterious) loss of his father, they wanted him to live his dream, etc…. The kid had no $$$$ to buy out his own contract (???). So.. ???

Reactions: themilosh

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah. It all smells bad. They say it was some kind of good faith gesture because the kid endured the tragic (and still mysterious) loss of his father, they wanted him to live his dream, etc…. The kid had no $$$$ to buy out his own contract (???). So.. ???

They also said if he doesn't make the Flyers that they would loan him out again. SKA doesn't want him.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
It is not a matter of purely physical shape, it is a matter of being in tune with the pace and physicallity of the game. The timing. Being hit and hitting. Getting in rythm with your linemates.
I really don't think there is any scientific evidence that being off for 6 months like say when you miss the playoffs vs 9 or 12 months because of injury results in any measurable difference in a player's tuning or other perceived loss of skill/function. Perhaps you could show that a player losses some skill/function from their "peak" whatever that may be each successive year. If so we are talking about a hell of a lot of biometric and psychometric analysis to prove that a 24 or 26 year old top level athlete has slowed down. Laine and Dach will hit the ice "top shape" just like their teammates...if i am wrong and you can prove it then come back and call me out.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I really don't think there is any scientific evidence that being off for 6 months like say when you miss the playoffs vs 9 or 12 months because of injury results in any measurable difference in a player's tuning or other perceived loss of skill/function. Perhaps you could show that a player losses some skill/function from their "peak" whatever that may be each successive year. If so we are talking about a hell of a lot of biometric and psychometric analysis to prove that a 24 or 26 year old top level athlete has slowed down. Laine and Dach will hit the ice "top shape" just like their teammates...if i am wrong and you can prove it then come back and call me out.
No, you are in the right here

People think a couple of months off and players just plum forget how to play the sport they've played all their lives
It just really freaks me out man lol

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
No, you are in the right here

People think a couple of months off and players just plum forget how to play the sport they've played all their lives
It just really freaks me out man lol
I got suspended for actively saying that these injuries to Dach, etc are TOTALLY healed and that there is no mystical weakness or curse ala Achilles that will lead to doom and destruction of these players. Some wusses here would like us to temper expectations and coddle them so they do not get a bou-bou again. It is time for hockey to start and nervous nellies to load up on Doritos to watch athletes play the ******** game!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I got suspended for actively saying that these injuries to Dach, etc are TOTALLY healed and that there is no mystical weakness or curse ala Achilles that will lead to doom and destruction of these players. Some wusses here would like us to temper expectations and coddle them so they do not get a bou-bou again. It is time for hockey to start and nervous nellies to load up on Doritos to watch athletes play the ******** game!
I'm on team Kirby but I also want doritos

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Im not a mod, but I do remember that and if you were suspended it's because you were being an asshole.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Im not a mod, but I do remember that and if you were suspended it's because you were being an asshole.
sorry that facts offend you and denouncing fantasies and folklore is not allowed.

and no it was because i called on the mod to intervene fairly and it was described as revealing personal information or some other nonsense.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
He’s a headache.

Yep. He's an asshole. There's enough smoke out there regarding his character and attitude in the room to know the Habs didn't pass on him because they thought Reinbacher was a more talented player. Michkov's talented level is off the charts no question, but the Habs probably knew better than any team in that draft what kind of guy Michkov is and they still passed on him.

Pretty telling that they didn't want anything to do with the guy in that draft and then come out this past draft and have a collective orgasm over the Demidov pick.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
sorry that facts offend you and denouncing fantasies and folklore is not allowed.

and no it was because i called on the mod to intervene fairly and it was described as revealing personal information or some other nonsense.

You're wrong about the offended part, since I actually agreed with what you were saying in that previous thread. I was replying here because you were crying victim, inaccurately (which you just admitted yourself btw). Furthermore, I agree with your replies here too, though we regularly see players take more time to find their game after long layoffs due to personal leave or injuries, moreso than an ordinary off-season, which doesn't mean there will be any sort of permanent loss of function. I don't have a randomized controlled trial on pubmed establishing a clear significant relationship, but I do know that I've got enough anecdotal evidence and also eyes, even if these eyes and their interpretations have never gone through the rigors of statistical significance, to know that its happened before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad