Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Ok so, been really thinking about it

How do you not have Caufield on the Demidov line 100% of the time?

Demidov is very 'Hughes'-ish
And as we know, Jack and Cole were electric together

As Money as Suzuki-CC is, feels like there's something more to the Suzuki-Slaf duo now, oddly enough lol

Feels like all eyes would be on Demidov and Caufield would 'finish' everything sent his way

So, mixing lines and mixing lines constantly in my head lol, a combination struck me the other day that I found interesting , but it's highly contingent on *Hage* reaching a certain 'attainable' ceiling :

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Dach (!)
Caufield - Hage - Demidov

But this is not me giving up on Dach as 2C, when it's all said and done Dach is most likely that 2C
But we *also* saw him as RW1, and he was great.. so it's always a possible option..
So, I give two 6"4 skilled wingers for Nick,
While Caufield and Demidov strike fear into 2nd-3rd D pairing hearts for a decade

Thoughts?
I like it. Or Slaf-Suz with anyone who can shoot as they both can carry and possess, and put the Demi-Cauf duo with Dach

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Ok so, been really thinking about it

How do you not have Caufield on the Demidov line 100% of the time?

Demidov is very 'Hughes'-ish
And as we know, Jack and Cole were electric together

As Money as Suzuki-CC is, feels like there's something more to the Suzuki-Slaf duo now, oddly enough lol

Feels like all eyes would be on Demidov and Caufield would 'finish' everything sent his way

So, mixing lines and mixing lines constantly in my head lol, a combination struck me the other day that I found interesting , but it's highly contingent on *Hage* reaching a certain 'attainable' ceiling :

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Dach (!)
Caufield - Hage - Demidov

But this is not me giving up on Dach as 2C, when it's all said and done Dach is most likely that 2C
But we *also* saw him as RW1, and he was great.. so it's always a possible option..
So, I give two 6"4 skilled wingers for Nick,
While Caufield and Demidov strike fear into 2nd-3rd D pairing hearts for a decade

Thoughts?
You have option now with Laine!

Slaf - Suzuki - Laine
Dach - Cauf - Demi

or any shuffle there of.

Chist Beck Hage Mesar Newhook to kick off a bottom 6… Different outlook now.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I
Pretty sure that'd be our first line.

Ideally, Caufield is on our second.
lol fine. Our 2nd line will be our first line last year that was pretty dominant even with an underperforming Caufield and a 19 year old nowhere near his prime.

EITHER WAY haha

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I

lol fine. Our 2nd line will be our first line last year that was pretty dominant even with an underperforming Caufield and a 19 year old nowhere near his prime.

EITHER WAY haha

It's funny a lot of us have the perception that Cole underperformed when he set a career high in goals and points. But I get the reason we have that point of view because before he got hurt a season ago, he was on pace for 46 goals. So the expectation was that he'd at least pot 35. So scoring 28 and not even hitting the 30-goal mark is considered underperforming.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's funny a lot of us have the perception that Cole underperformed when he set a career high in goals and points. But I get the reason we have that point of view because before he got hurt a season ago, he was on pace for 46 goals. So the expectation was that he'd at least pot 35.
I could’ve put it in quotation marks but I think he can be a lot better.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
1724185326546.png

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
So tomorrow (August, 22nd) is his 1st game at Puchkov's tournament. Team Russia U23 plays vs Sochi, the game starts at 11 AM Moscow Time (4 AM Eastern Time). I'm pretty sure there will be stream on youtube.
do you know the account it will be on? Finallly up for one of these games dont wanna miss it

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Demidov will adore playing with Laine, he is an insane passer.

Laine - Dach - Demidov

Jesus christ.

It's going to be interesting to see where the chemistry is, who is best with who, and if all 6 of those top six players play well and stay healthy, will we be able to keep them all due to the cap.

Some combos I could see being optimal:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Demidov

Laine - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demidov

Caufield - Suzuki - Demidov
Laine - Dach - Slaf

We could even see the two shooters, Caufield and Laine, on a line together. Erik Cole and Paccioretty had a good line even with Desharnais as their center. They each scored 35.

Demidov - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Laine

Caufield - Suzuki - Laine
Demidov - Dach - Slaf

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad