Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Hab's fans response after drafting Demidov.

american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
I know I'm late, but I was camping for the last 3 days, unable to react to anything and with people who don't like hockey. So it needs to come out now.

I'm so f***ING stoke we manage to pick Demidov, holy shit this is awesome. I know there were other options and lot of good players, but Demidov is the guy we needed, everyone one else I would have felt we settle for them. Happy for the kid, happy for management, and happy for the fanbase, it's been a while since we draft a player as electrifying, the Bell Center crowd is going to love him.

On a different topic, crazy how much the LDs dropped compared to the pseudo-consensus established over the year, with the first being Silayev at 10th and with three RD drafted before him. I understood the premium on RD but didn't expect it to be this drastic. Feels the Shark especially were very lucky to get someone like Dickinson at 11th.
we also got the new Ogle Thorpe in the draft:nod:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I had not Lindstrom in my top 5.

Actually I had Demidov, Sennecke, Catton and Iginla before him.

I have a big problem with Lindstrom's IQ and vision.

He will be a hell of a player nonetheless, but I had those guys before him .
If Lindstrom will be a hell of a player, there’s no way you can have the other guys before him. Will they all be stars?

Reactions: rahad

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
It's time for the reconciliation with Andrei Markov, retire that number, bring Andrei in the org somehow.

Let's not do the Kostitsyn mistake of not surrounding this gem.

As much as we have Bobrov already, Markov would be a much better mentor for the NHL life.
I could also see Kovalev come in and work/ mentor Demidov

• Love
Reactions: BenchBrawl

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If Lindstrom will be a hell of a player, there’s no way you can have the other guys before him. Will they all be stars?
Their ranking/quality as prospects at the draft is a bit different than their projection.

Sennecke is a good example, ANA sees him as a Unicorn despite his prospect profile being great but not excellent. I think it's perfectly reasonable to see a prospect like Lindstrom and say "He's gonna be a hell of a NHL player" (projection) but also have other prospects ahead of him. Projected upside is one (major, tbf) aspect of a prospect profile.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Nah, Fedorov one of the greatest skaters in NHL history.

You highlight a phrase that specifically goes out of his way to make it clear I'm not talking about the skating, and then you say "no Fedorov's skating..." lol

Demidov thinks the game like Fedorov the most when he enters the zone. Play patterns, decision making etc. He'll get faster.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Wow the guy didn't even know who Celine was. He had to Siri the name 🤦‍♂️

So much salt I loved it :laugh:
Just to say, he's a Russian. He's young, Celine hasn't made shows for a long time.
Why should he know the American pop star ? Not all the countries give a shit about USA culture * Celine lives there for decades

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
You highlight a phrase that specifically goes out of his way to make it clear I'm not talking about the skating, and then you say "no Fedorov's skating..." lol

Demidov thinks the game like Fedorov the most when he enters the zone. Play patterns, decision making etc. He'll get faster.

I'm listening.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Watched Basu and Godin podcast of Saturday and they talked about how there was chatter that this year there was stuff going on in Russia and problems bringing kids over, and that this was believed to have been leaked by a team to turn others off Demidov. And suspicion this was Habs. And then Habs didn't go see Demidov in the Florida combine or whatever it was , so it looked like they lacked interest. And then the Buium rumours at the last.

Any bits of information about this stuff ? And do you think Habs really pulled off all this stuff?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00