Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Also - take this big fat L all you people who were joking after passing on Michkov that we'd pass on Demidov.

The day of the draft, I decided to remain positive, to have hope and it saved me from that big fat L and it paid off, Demibeast is ours. :popcorn:

A big thanks to Anaheim, Chicago and Columbus.

Go Habs go, I'll love all guys. I still can't believe it. I screamed so much when we got him. :vhappy:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
- Celine knew. “The fans are gonna love this pick. Take your time.” Showmanship.

- that forward group - Suzuki, Demi, Slaf, CC - is gonna have a lot of swagger. I think they’ll play their best when the lights are the brightest.

- how we liking the Demidov / Reinbacher combo now?? I like it a lot better than michov / Buium (12 OA) … that’s for damn sure!

Michwho ? Are you talking about that tiny small dwarf ? :sarcasm:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
1719744742973.png

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I mean, is his skating any "worse" than Alex Kovalev?

Kovalev was not explosive neither, didn't stop him from making several defensemen his bitches for years.

For stickhandling wizards, I care a lot more about lateral skating and edgework, and being able to fake both sides equally well. Demidov seems to have this, like Kovalev did.
His edgework is something else , very special and unique

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Sincr 1971 I am trying to make a list of the best pure talent in the first round that we drafted at the time of their draft.

I am not talking about thier career after ward cause some were a deception ( Galchenyuk )

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

That would be my list I guess. As you can see...as fans...it was painful sometimes...but we are seeing the light with Demidov and Slaf

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Sincr 1971 I am trying to make a list of the best pure talent in the first round that we drafted at the time of their draft.

I am not talking about thier career after ward cause some were a deception ( Galchenyuk )

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

That would be my list I guess. As you can see...as fans...it was painful sometimes...but we are seeing the light with Demidov and Slaf
Interesting exercise. Price should be 3rd or 4th. Koivu higher than Chucky imo.

Reactions: dinodebino

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

Wickenheiser is arguably 1st, but it's a hard list.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Is there any chance that Hugo can get this kid over here to start the season? A bit of under-the-table money from Molson should do the trick. Look at the Philly situation, Michkov was rumored to be a couple of seasons away and he will be here to start the season and we all know that money was involved, it always is the universal language.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Demidov didn't extend and enters the last years of his contract with SKA.
There is a big risk he'll be underused or not used at all. Bring him here ASAP !!!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

I have Price 3rd or 4th. People went nuts because he was a goalie when we picked him but as far as pure talent, especially for a goalie, he was the full package. Slafkovsky should be further down the list. People were projecting him as a second line talent in the draft before we picked him based on the talent he had shown at that point.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

No Shutt, no Cournoyer, no Béliveau, no Robinson, no S Savard, no Lapointe no Lemaire and no memory of the past, lol.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
No Shutt, no Cournoyer, no Béliveau, no Robinson, no S Savard, no Lapointe no Lemaire and no memory of the past, lol.

Cournoyer, Béliveau, Savard, Lapointe and Lemaire weren't drafted.

Robinson was a lucky pick for us. If they had known what they had on their hands they wouldn't have picked Chuck Arnason and Murray Wilson over him in the same draft. And he was drafted in the 2nd round anyway.

Shutt, yeah, he should be on this list.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

1- Guy Lafleur
2- Ivan Demidov
3- Doug Wickeneiser
4- Juraj Slafkovsky
5- Alex GALCHENYUK
6- Carey Price
7- Petr Svoboda
8 - Saku Koivu
9- - Mark Napper
10- Andrei Kostsyn
11- Alfie Turcotte

Carey Price was a generational talent. Literally had everything. I would put him at 1-3 personally

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Demidov didn't extend and enters the last years of his contract with SKA.
There is a big risk he'll be underused or not used at all. Bring him here ASAP !!!
If they send him down to the MHL or VHL he's going to get plenty of minutes.

And while people act like the MHL Is trash, there was more MHL players drafted (18) then players from the QMJHL (15) last draft. It's not that far from the CHL in term of level of play and Demidov going back to trash the MHL isn't that different than Sennecke/Lindstrom/Iginla going back to their CHL club next season. Demidov still need to fill out anyway (despite already being 192 lbs).

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Ok let me ask you a question. With michkov being as good as he is which I admit. Dude will be an absolute star in the league imo. Why would the Habs management, especially with bobrov not want him? The can't control his development is not a sufficient answer. Bobrov is probably the most well connected person to SKA in the NHL. He knew the program so well that demidov was on their radar for over a year. Even grant mccagg (people are hating on him but for three years in a row he's been on the mark with everything) said that a reason they will and did pass on michkov is because they're much more interested in demidov.

So why would I take your word over Nick bobrov over a player him and his father know well. With all his talent, there had to be a real reason the Habs passed on him. Look at Slaf, Reinbacher, and demidov, what do they all have in common. They are all bright personalities it seems, and according to the habs. HuGo are not only creating a team based on talent, etc but of players that fit into a real team milieu and not just a bunch of divas like in Toronto. It can be assumed that michkov is probably a diva. All reports indicate as much. Also actions speak louder than words so it's not just the reports but the action or lack there of from the Habs and bobrov
You also have to ask yourself why they would release him this year. If he was that good?

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I was just telling something similar to a friend
Instead of our rebuild going three straight years of 1st ov, 5th ov , 5th ov, which could be worse as far as rebuild foundations go, but there was always that fear who we took at 5 in this 3rd tank year wouldn't be special enough

But NOW it feels like we went more 1st ov, 5th ov, 2nd ov :D (and could be 1!)
And it's honestly just CRAZY something went our way finally
While still getting a hell of an RD piece out of it all last year as well

You can't rebuild with just 1 year and 1 first overall pick
It always takes a solid 3 top5 draft years at LEAST if not one or two more

Well, we're now 3 top5 drafts in, it's officially a success, and the next couple years are officially gonna be wild
Can't wait
In my opinion Reinbacher will be just as good as Levshunov and was the best RHD of his draft. Demidov seems he has just as much upside then Mitchkov and migth fit better in Mtl. So just like you, you have to look at the whole picture. It's a team we are building here and they are doing a good job at it.

Reactions: Redux91

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I mean, is his skating any "worse" than Alex Kovalev?

Kovalev was not explosive neither, didn't stop him from making several defensemen his bitches for years.

For stickhandling wizards, I care a lot more about lateral skating and edgework, and being able to fake both sides equally well. Demidov seems to have this, like Kovalev did.

Kovalevs skating was as close to perfect as you can find. He had a relatively slow first step, but everything else in terms of technical ability was top notch.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I respect that but no way before Lafleur. Lafleur was the talk of the entire country for many years at the time . Price..nobody knew him.

Because he lived on a reservation and played for a shitty tri city team in the states. But still managed to go 5th. If he played for the London Knights and grew up in the GTA, he would've been no. 2 that year

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm absolutely thrilled with the outcome. He's who i wanted all along but I never thought we would have a chance to draft him. Besides the obvious elite skill set and pro qualities, his demeanor and confidence (like Slafkovsky) is absolutely made for a market like Montreal. I have renewed hope that this rebuild may lead to something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad