Euro: Quarterfinals - England v. Switzerland - July 6

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
One-offs are one-offs but it's hard not to like the Swiss here. They've shown so much more so far.

I haven't had a chance to check out the Athletic since England's win. How pissed are the British fans haha?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
giphy.gif

Reactions: Blender

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I love how England chose to put their team HQ in the middle of the Thuringian countryside with the nearest airport 30 miles away and that has no scheduled commercial services. And since 3-5 hour drives around Germany are clearly beneath England's entourage there's now private jets flying all over Germany ferrying them back and forth.

Note that this Euro advertised itself as the most environmentally sustainable tournament ever. England aren't alone in ignoring that though. Turkey took a private jet from Hannover to Hamburg, which is less than 100 miles and a straight shot up the Autobahn.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
England have the better players, but Switzerland are the better team and Southgate will once again be relying on one of his 'stars' to cover up his ineptitude as a manager, as he has done for pretty much his entire international managerial career.

Could go either way, hope England win, but I'm expecting us to lose (which in it's own way would also be a win because that fraud of a manager would be gone).

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Listening to Sirius XM FC tonight - admittedly it was to listen to Nashville/Columbus. Weather delay so they hauled out some stuff from earlier in the day and the word is that England are going to a back 3? Possible 3-4-3 to try and get the best of Jude and Phil apparently.

Is it possible that getting outplayed by Slovakia and being saved by a wondergoal has shifted the cautious one?

Anyone else have this?

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I saw it reported by one of our standard media football writers. Which kinda pisses me off, if he's planning on changing formation it would have more impact if the other team didn't have time to prepare, but our media love doing whatever they can to f*** with all our national sports teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad