Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed by the pick.

Don't take this wrong, he was my favorite option, but people will start to claim outlandish things about his ceiling for a whole year before he gets here. Not that the Habs brass are helping there. No pressure kid, but Lapointe/Bobrov are pretty much expecting you to be the best player of the draft...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How did you got this photo? I'm trying to find the exact moment this happened, I could of sworn I saw Celine say to Hughes "touche moe po".

Do you have the full video of this?

After the presentation on the stage, there was a section off to the side for the whole staff to take a picture with the player. Since they couldn't pack them all on stage like every other year.

Reactions: holy and Habs10Habs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Did any of you find it odd nobody said congrats to the Panthers for winning the cup? Usually a few teams do, not one this year. Is it that big of a douchebag franchise?

Also after 20 years should I go Demidov in my avatar?

I noticed that as well. Thinking it was league's directive to get straight to the point, but we took our sweet ass time to announce our pick.

View attachment 889770

Official Demidov's Draft pic! Just came out! What a beauty

It's like were in the real life re-gen from NHL game season mode.

Right after a great player retires, there's a clone player with a weird name that appears in the draft.

The nerd level on display here eclipses the HF boards poster... wow.

I'm not sure. This is exactly how I imagine most of you. The younger ones at least.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I can't decide if I'm happy or annoyed by the pick.

Don't take this wrong, he was my favorite option, but people will start to claim outlandish things about his ceiling for a whole year before he gets here. Not that the Habs brass are helping there. No pressure kid, but Lapointe/Bobrov are pretty much expecting you to be the best player of the draft...
Post-mortem: The Habs decades old program of drafting forwards without the tools to become an offensive superstar and hoping he becomes one anyways has been an abject failure. I like that we tried something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad