Prospect Info: 2024 - #50 OA - LW Nikita Artamonov

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I wouldn't celebrate too early, as he could just be on a massive heater, but there are real signs that he should've been picked way earlier than the late-2nd round.
I mean the kid has legit talent, the only concern about him has always been his skating. If he can at the very least adapt his game to mitigate his deficiencies there, he would absolutely be the player we all wait to see come over after Nikishin.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I really like that camera work...I've seen it used as an effect in TikTok videos, but not elsewhere. I don't know much about it, nor how to describe it well. A stab at it: it remains square to the individual's face while the rest of the frame adjusts. It makes for interesting content when spotting an individual player.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
damn he's giving a kid who's 18 a 99% chance of becoming an NHLer and 85% chance of becoming a Star? That's some pretty lofty predictions but that'd be forking amazing if he's the real deal that way
He's a kid that I'd pull out all the stops to bring over as soon as possible....bribery, extortion, whatever it takes....plus he plays the game exactly how Rod wants his forwards to play.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It's easy to get excited by his productivity so far.

A deep dive on his stats showcase a guy that is scoring at a probably non-sustainable 38% rate (8 goals on only 21 shots) over 14 games. He doesn't appear to hit much yet either (of course very young compared to men in the KGL).

OTH, he is #2 in the League in scoring. Plus, all of his goals have come via even strength and Is high productivity is occurring while only averaging 12:34 minutes per game.

1728582508977.png

I watch the game this morning. The guy is not just putting points on the board. He is so good, he have a high motor and have a good defensive game.
"A High Motor"

Thanks for the feedback.

NA pre-draft reviews I saw all suggested that his skating was an area of weakness.

Are you suggesting that he has improved and perhaps even a better than average skater now?

Reactions: Unsustainable
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I mean, this is how the Nikishin-esque hype train starts. Who knows how this'll shake out but you can't look at the start of his season here and say he can do much else to raise his stock.

Reactions: DaveG

Top cheese Gaz

Nov 21, 2023
It's easy to get excited by his productivity so far.

A deep dive on his stats showcase a guy that is scoring at a probably non-sustainable 38% rate (8 goals on only 21 shots) over 14 games. He doesn't appear to hit much yet either (of course very young compared to men in the KGL).

OTH, he is #2 in the League in scoring. Plus, all of his goals have come via even strength and Is high productivity is occurring while only averaging 12:34 minutes per game.

View attachment 914696

"A High Motor"

Thanks for the feedback.

NA pre-draft reviews I saw all suggested that his skating was an area of weakness.

Are you suggesting that he has improved and perhaps even a better than average skater now?
I didn't see any weekness on his skating to be honest. I would say slightly above average for the speed. The element that surprised me the most was that he was always moving. I find him really evasive. He didn't hit a lot but he went in the traffic and didn't shy away.

His style of play kind of reminded me of Arturi Lekhonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad