Bob Dylan met a Sabre in the elevator at Prague.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Based on the wording of that tweet, I wonder if it's possible it wasn't a player and it was instead a coach or someone with active pull in the org wearing something with a Sabres logo.

He doesn't use the word player in the tweet and it could answer the question some posters have about older vs younger individual who listens to his music.

I mean, even an equipment manager would immediately be a legend even if he bought the ticket and gave it to him personally. That's not including the fact he'd get to spend time with him for basically only a few hundred bucks at worst. That's cheap to meet a living legend.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
If you pay to see Bob Dylan. You are literally paying to see whatever show he decides to put on. That’s it. He’s been doing it for decades. To expect anything else is entirely your fault.

I’m not saying it’s a *good* show. I am saying that he does a new set list every night. Sometimes he’ll add or switch around verses, sometimes he’ll rearrange songs so that they’re nearly unrecognizable. You’re guaranteed a unique experience each time.

Our current entertainment industry is built on pandering to audiences, so it’s refreshing when an artist does whatever they want.

And to bring it back to hockey, I’m 99% sure it was someone in the front office and not a player.

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Wondering if he will do a re-release for the Sabers?, with hits such as:
Cups chances are going going gone
The times are not changing
It takes a lot to laugh, it takes a season to cry
Knocking on the lottery door
Like a foot in the crease
The house of no rising banners

Reactions: Primary Assist

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
He *is* from Minnesota, isn't he? Still, learn something new everyday.

Born in Duluth, raised in Hibbing, and went to school at the University of Minnesota before moving out to NYC and achieving stardom.

He still keeps a home in Minnesota. Celtics legend Kevin McHale (also from Hibbing) told a funny story about going home to see his parents and when he walked in the front door, there was Bob Dylan sitting in the living room talking with McHale's mom and dad (evidently Dylan's parents and McHale's parents were neighbors and friends).

My father-in-law also went to high school in Hibbing with Bob Dylan (aka Robert Zimmerman)

Last edited:

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Sure. And if you paid to watch your favorite team play hockey and they decided to starfish around on the ice like ray gunn and shoot the puck into their own net. Why be mad? Just find old games on YouTube and press play.

Would you be mad if you paid to watch goalie just sit in his net and make no effort to stop the puck?

Who are you to expect a paid performer to provide some semblance of the level/product they sell themselves as?
If it’s common knowledge that your team have been shooting pucks in their own net every games for 50 years and you’d expect them to do any different because you’re there then it’s on you.

That’s his show. Not yours. You bought a ticket for a performance that came exactly as advertised. I’m pretty sure you’re not buying clothes without knowing what they look like. In 2024 there’s no excuse to not be aware of Dylan’s performance style when buying tickets.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Saw Dylan in 08 or 09 and it was ****ing awesome.

“Bob Dylan not answering Nobel Committee’s phone calls” is still one of the funniest headlines of all time.

Found my fave tweet:

IMG-4581.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm a boomer but I was never a big fan of Dylan. My favorite has been and always will be Eric Clapton. Got to see him in concert in 2007.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If you call it that. Going to one of his shows in the last decade+ has been a coin flip if you were gonna see a decent show or not.
I get those vibes from him. I'm 34 but love a ton of older music (Waylon, Elvis, Cash, etc) - Bob Dylan at this stage is probably more spoken word than an actual performance.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The fact a current NHL player randomly recognized Bob Dylan in an everyday setting is actually unbelievable
I'd venture a guess most Millennials could recognize Bob Dylan. I'd be surprised if anyone under the age of 25 would be able to recognize him. He's a legend, though.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I'm a boomer but I was never a big fan of Dylan. My favorite has been and always will be Eric Clapton. Got to see him in concert in 2007.

GenX and a huge Clapton fan.

I saw him in 1992 at the Rosemont Horizon (now Allstate Arena) and like many of the Dylan fans here, it was a big disappointment. Ol' slow hand really mailed it in that night, no energy at all.

Reactions: Voight

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
New Bob Dylan movie coming out on Christmas. Apparently he played hockey as a kid. Wild to see Bob on these boards.
He’s from Minnesota innit ?

I'm more surprised that a current hockey player would even know who Bob Dylan is. Wonder which Sabre it was.
It was Lindry Ruff

That's a pretty reductive attempted swipe.

Dylan's last #1 album on the US Billboard charts was in 2009, and his 2020 album hit #2.

I'm not a boomer, but have been listening to Dylan all my life (like, starting in the womb).
I’m not a boomer, have never listened to Bob Dylan’s music really, but I would definitely recognize him if I saw him

Performing is an overstatement. I’ll never see him live again.
He’s like 80 years old lol. You don’t go see him to see a good performance, you do it as a bucket list item .

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Dylan in 2024 is still playing the big venues, he's got a hardcore fanbase and doesn't depend on the casual fan who wants a greatest hits show with all songs from the 70's and earlier

this summer he was at Shoreline Amp, The Gorge, Tinley Park (Chicago), Bethel Woods NY, Mansfield MA, Walnut Creek in Raleigh NC...

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I personally think Bob Dylan is overrated but good for him for touring at his age.

I can see how some might look at him stylistically and say he's overrated. But in no way can anyone overrate his impact on popular music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad