Prospect Info: 2024 47th Overall, Max Plante

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I was at the WJSS finale between the U.S. and Canada. The A-list guys for USA (Leonard, Buium, Augustine, etc.) weren't playing so it seemed like a final audition for the players.

Plante figured prominently in the game; assisted on the 1st goal, had some shifts in OT...made two sick passes that really should have been buried, was picked in the shootout, even played on the PK tonight!

He had a real solid week and I would be shocked if he wasn't picked for the WJC team. I'm really liking what I have seen from him so far. He can connect on borderline impossible passes. As a nice bonus, he's willing to take a hit to make a play in the defensive zone. He was getting beat down today.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
.made two sick passes that really should have been buried

He can connect on borderline impossible passes.

He is a superb passer, as advertised. He's pretty much scanning the ice as soon as he gets the puck on his stick.

What I liked is he made smart passes and didn't force them.

Sounds really nice... :)

Eli playmakers usually live very well with all the other weaknesses on their play.

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
You never know
Coming from his biggest fan; Max would get killed in the NHL. He needs to physically mature, work on making better decisions in his own zone and his skating could improve.

He has savant level playmaking while on the rush but he leaves himself open to being hit and giving up pucks in the defensive zone. A couple years of weight training and playing at Duluth will sort him out

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Coming from his biggest fan; Max would get killed in the NHL. He needs to physically mature, work on making better decisions in his own zone and his skating could improve.

He has savant level playmaking while on the rush but he leaves himself open to being hit and giving up pucks in the defensive zone. A couple years of weight training and playing at Duluth will sort him out
We should come back to this conversation in 3 years.
For next 2 seasons I could see Kasper, Danielson, Mazur, Buchelnikov, Becher, ASP, Soderblom, MBN jump in NHL and we have Berggren and Johansson who will play this season in NHL, but it is 10 guys and I have no idea how Yzerman could manage that.
Expect trades, expect some of our young guys be gone via trade and some of those trades will not be good

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
For next 2 seasons I could see Kasper, Danielson, Mazur, Buchelnikov, Becher, ASP, Soderblom, MBN jump in NHL and we have Berggren and Johansson who will play this season in NHL, but it is 10 guys and I have no idea how Yzerman could manage that.
Expect trades, expect some of our young guys be gone via trade and some of those trades will not be good
3 years sounds about right :thumbu:

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I think it is 13 Veteran contracts (3 Goalies, 6 D-men and 4 Forwards) expire over the next two seasons...so there is room for them if they are ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00