Prospect Info: 2024 39th OA: Gabriel Eliasson (LHD)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I know Toure didn't join Belleville after the Windsor Spitfires season ended whereas Tomas Hamara did join the team after the Brantford Bulldogs season ended so it would make sense if Toure had an injury and is still recovering.

As for Eliasson, Donovan said this morning that his equipment didn't come in yesterday so that is the reason why he wasn't on the ice.
Have you seen Hamara? I have yet to see him at camp.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ranked to go around the mid third round through consolidated rankings.

Was ranked by various analysts anywhere from late 2nd to mid 4th round.

the sens took him early second...
Mackenzie had him ranked 9 players from the end of round 2, went 7 players in second. So 16 spots different.

Reactions: Dionysus

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hey Rafi, I think I was wrong yesterday when I said I saw Toure, I think I confused him with Mongomery who I said I didn't see. I think Toure was on crutches today in the lobby of the SensPlex & I doubt that happened yesterday. It's always amusing seeing the Skating Coach who is about 4' tall 90 lbs talking to Eliasson, Walberg & Nordberg :laugh: she comes up to their waist.
Isn’t she pretty old too?

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I don't think so, she may be in her 30s, she is quite tiny.
Shelley kettles?
A4D93DFD-C336-43BA-96DC-19F31389DA41.png

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

some may need google translate or the like.

May move to North America this fall​

Where the career goes next season is unclear. He has a year left on his contract with HV71 and may well remain in the club's J20 team, but is also hearing calls from North America. There he is drafted by both the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, American junior league USHL, and the Niagara IceDogs in the Canadian OHL.

Eliasson is verbally committed to the University of Michigan in the American college hockey team until the 2025/26 season, when he finishes high school. That means he would not be able to play SHL hockey with HV, or in the OHL with the IceDogs. Players with professional hockey experience can be punished with suspensions of up to a year in the NCAA because players entering college sports are required to be "amateur". Then leagues like the SHL and OHL disappear.

- If I stay at home, it will be J20 next year and then maybe I won't be able to play with my physical ability either because it didn't go so well this year, he says, referring to how his game is judged at home in Sweden.
- But next year the J20 will be an even younger league for me and then I have the chance to develop my game with the puck as well.
Could it be an advantage for you to move over because more physical play is allowed in North America than at home in Sweden?
- I think so. Then you play on a small rink and the tough game is quite optimal there. I've heard from both scouts and agents that my game should work better there, and I have dreams of playing over here, so I really think so.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Hard not to like a lot about this guy. Too bad it’ll be so long before we see him play here.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
From the highlights at dev camp, his mobility looks really good. Be interesting to see how it looks in a game but initial reaction is he should be able to close space really quickly with his big stride and long stick.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad