Prospect Info: 2024 39th OA: Gabriel Eliasson (LHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Who's going to score goals? You just said who, Stützle, Tkachuk, Batherson, Pinto, Greig, and Norris if he's healthy. Are you expecting 4 lines of snipers?
We also don't know how Halliday's game may translate, but his adjustment the AHL is very promising.

Jarvy is a sniper who was also having an encouraging AHL campaign until injuries.

I know a lot of people put a lot of time into prospects and I respect their opinions but there is a reason so many sure thing players bust and 4th round picks become stars.

We are 18 year old boys. I am more than happy to wait and see how they develop.

I will say, I am happy we drafted a big, someone physical, RD who has a bomb of a shot. Lots to like there and from my viewings, his skating is terrible.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If and when he makes the team he'll be a shut down playoff asset because its a different game but during the regular season they'd better have some great pk'ers (lol). Half those hits in the montage would be called. A bit early because they lacked a 3rd but still the long range hope of another Chara might be worth the risk

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
At #39, this is a bit of a head scratcher. I would've been happy to add a player like this in the 5th/6th rd. But at 39, I would've gone with Pulkkinen. Equally as big but more well rounded.
I just noticed he is 2 years younger than Pulkkinen.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
What’s with Ottawa and selecting boring players?

Like throw in a home run pick… not one player has top4 or top6 upside aside from #7

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Eliasson in the top 40 is wild. After drafting Roger (didn’t get signed) and Nordberg (hasn’t done anything) you think they’d learn.;)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What’s with Ottawa and selecting boring players?

Like throw in a home run pick… not one player has top4 or top6 upside aside from #7

Good teams have 4-5 good players and the rest are grinders just sticking with it until they ring the bell.

Ottawa needs more focus on roll players as we have none besides Ridley Greig and I really like this draft for this reason

Reactions: DylanSensFan

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Good teams have 4-5 good players and the rest are grinders just sticking with it until they ring the bell.

Ottawa needs more focus on roll players as we have none besides Ridley Greig and I really like this draft for this reason
All these guys will end up busts, Ottawa no longer knows how to draft.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I like the idea of the player but seems more like a 3rd or 4th rounder. 2nd round pick used for a long term project thats probably a #5 dman at best. I dont really understand it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
All these guys will end up busts, Ottawa no longer knows how to draft.

Darn it, I had high hopes for this draft. Let me know when things are going better for them, it’s been 7 years without playoffs

I like the idea of the player but seems more like a 3rd or 4th rounder. 2nd round pick used for a long term project thats probably a #5 dman at best. I dont really understand it.
Our dream player today is Chris Tanev and this guy does that.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Who is going to score goals lmao? Stutzle, Tkachuk, Batherson, Pinto/Greig and then the offense goes DRY like crazy
And who's gonna score goals for the Habs after Suzuki, Slaf and Caufield then the offense goes DRY like crazy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Darn it, I had high hopes for this draft. Let me know when things are going better for them, it’s been 7 years without playoffs

Our dream player today is Chris Tanev and this guy does that.
Tanev can move the puck

And who's gonna score goals for the Habs after Suzuki, Slaf and Caufield then the offense goes DRY like crazy
They just drafted two offensive dynamos. We haven’t drafted an offensively gifted player in FOUR YEARS except yakemchuk. Thats 1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ranked to go around the mid third round through consolidated rankings.

Was ranked by various analysts anywhere from late 2nd to mid 4th round.

the sens took him early second...
Mackenzie had him 55th. I dont love this pick here, if they really liked him they take him I guess. But this is a situation where they should have traded down to the end of the 2nd and got some more draft capital they had no picks in the 3rd 6th or 7th round in a pretty good draft. This is the only pick im disappointed in.

His skating for a man this size is impressive but I think his puck skills do not seem like a 2nd round players make up at all.

He is a psychopath by the looks of it which I like but he isnt going to play for atleast 4 to 5 years. I was hoping for an offensive forward with upside with this pick.

At #39, this is a bit of a head scratcher. I would've been happy to add a player like this in the 5th/6th rd. But at 39, I would've gone with Pulkkinen. Equally as big but more well rounded.
I feel like him and Pulkkinen are opposite prospects kinda in terms of what their strenghts and weaknesses are.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's definitely a reach, but if you're surprised by this sort of thing then you just haven't been paying attention to how the Sens have been drafting over the past 5-6 years. Look at Nordberg, Kleven, Andonovski, Roger, Romeo, Stanley, Donovan, Wallberg. Lot of similarity in the skillsets there.

The Sens go into the draft targeting big, athletic, toolsy and mean players and there just aren't a ton of those available in any give cohort. If they don't take him at 39 they won't get a second shot at it.

This isn't really an endorsement of the player, I don't know him well enough to say either way. But I get it.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
We need more forward prospects, picking this guy over players like Basha or Howe is more low-IQ Sens drafting.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Doubt he ever becomes an NHL regular. If he does it'll be 5-6 years from now. Basically a poor man's Kleven. Not a fan.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
We need more forward prospects, picking this guy over players like Basha or Howe is more low-IQ Sens drafting.

Yeah, I hope we focus on the forwards next year. We really need to add a blue chip forward to Stutzle/Tkachuk.

We're also missing that selke candidate up front that will shut down the opposing team's offense that every cup champion has.

There's still pieces to add to our puzzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad