Prospect Info: 2024 2nd Overall - Artyom Levshunov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
who was saying that Levshunov is not a fan of school...ELC signed by next week and he starts year in Rockford? Also, is Korchinski eligible for Rockford next year now that he's played a year in the NHL?

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
who was saying that Levshunov is not a fan of school...ELC signed by next week and he starts year in Rockford? Also, is Korchinski eligible for Rockford next year now that he's played a year in the NHL?
Yes and the Hawks should have the guts to send Korch to Rockford if he needs it.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I posted it. I think I got it from Peters but all my podcasts are running together in my mind.

I’m rewatching shift by shifts of Levshunov. I know there was a poster who told me I was crazy for dogging MSU. These kids just aren’t seeing what Levshunov is seeing at all. And he’s seeing good things. And it makes him look so bad sometimes. I really think Rockford would really suit him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This post from Flyers board made me chuckle at least with Levshunov pick

Looks like the guy that shot Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan.

Feel sympathy for Lev hair loss though as I am experiencing it as well. Though mine didn't take turn for worse until I was in my 30's. Not 18

On topic of night

At very least our night wasn't Flyers night

Though the Oilers trade could work out for them (It will be better pick I imagine) but passing on Buium for a 3rd round pick and then reaching on Luchanko with the 13th was well very Flyers

There is no defending passing on Buium

Flyers also mucked up the pace of draft with that holdup

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
This post from Flyers board made me chuckle at least with Levshunov pick

Feel sympathy for Lev hair loss though as I am experiencing it as well. Though mine didn't take turn for worse until I was in my 30's. Not 18

On topic of night

At very least our night wasn't Flyers night

Though the Oilers trade could work out for them (It will be better pick I imagine) but passing on Buium for a 3rd round pick and then reaching on Luchanko with the 13th was well very Flyers

There is no defending passing on Buium

Flyers also mucked up the pace of draft with that holdup
If your hair loss is just starting send me a DM.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If your hair loss is just starting send me a DM.

Started a few years ago in similar pattern as his but I lost war and now its advancing thru the middle with notable thinning

I will be George Costanza like at some point down line though I still have a bit of time to avoid that day as the back/top of my head is still putting up a fight. Best case maybe hold it off for 5-10 years

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Started a few years ago in similar pattern as his but I lost war and now its advancing thru the middle with notable thinning

I will be George Costanza like at some point down line though I still have a bit of time to avoid that day as the back/top of my head is still putting up a fight. Best case maybe hold it off for 5-10 years
I sent you a DM, you don't have to lose your hair just spend the $ as long as it's not receding from the front.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Shave your head

Every few months I lop off what I got and it comes in thinner. Been doing that for 20+ years now (Of course it didn't start coming in thinner until early 30's)

Don't want to commit to fully bald. Rather just continue to lose little by little until I get a Red Forman type look at some point in my 40's

86tj4.jpg

Reactions: Mrfenn92

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Every few months I lop off what I got and it comes in thinner. Been doing that for 20+ years now

Don't want to commit to fully bald. Rather just continue to lose little by little until I get a Red Forman type look at some point in my 40's

86tj4.jpg
Yeah if you're losing it like Red, hair transplant is the only option.

Minoxidil only works if you're losing it from the back and most guys don't know that if you start Finasteride as soon as you notice it, it will stop your loss in its tracks.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

THE BLACKHAWKS SELECT ARTYOM LEVSHUNOV AT 2ND OVERALL AT THE 2024 DRAFTIt's been rumored that the Blackhawks were going to select Levshunov at 2nd overall for the last few weeks and here we are.Levshunov is one of a number of stud offensive dmen available in this draft. His production has been very elite in his DY as well as his pre-draft year. Not a lot of players in the model look just like this.I love how Levshunov has moved around different leagues over the past few years and immediately produces and levels up everywhere he goes. A great sign. Should be a beast for Chicago in his prime.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So, do we expect Hawks to try to rush him or let him spend another in NCAA and probably get Nazar treatment of a few games in NHL and burning year off ELC?
He'll likely play in Rockford, if I had to guess. He doesn't have to play in the NHL, and he doesn't have to go back to NCAA, either. He's eligible to come up and play in the AHL.

I think Rockford is the best bet, personally. The defensive development there has been stellar for our current D pool. That said, I wouldn't be mad if he went back to NCAA for another season, either. I'm fine with either decision.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This board allows pretty much everything outside politics.

I remember a couple years ago a crazed lunatic kept rambling on about how generational Dylan Strome and Ian Mitchell were. Mods allowed that, so anything goes.
That's not remotely true.

Mods shutdown many of those threads.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
There is no real timeline with Him. Play Him in Rockford and once he is ready he makes to jump. Could be half a season or 2. I like that and hope for the best.

I like that Pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad