2024-25 Utica Comets and ECHL thread

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
10/25/24
Utica Comets @ Laval Rocket

Final Score -
Laval 4 Utica 3

Before I go into the game it is more important to relate the info on the injury to Comets Center Filip Engaras. With a little over 5 minutes remaining in the game Filip carried the puck into the Laval zone and at full speed was attempting to go around the net and was shoved hard by Zack Hayes in an attempt to get him off the puck. Filip lost his feet and crashed very hard into the end boards with his upper back and head making the first contact with the boards. He laid motionless on his back. The Laval goalie, Jakub Dobes, immediately signaled for help. The camera work in the building showed trainers from both teams attending to him and one of them stood and waved for paramedics help. They showed a stretcher appearing on the scene and a back board placed next to him on the ice and then the screen went to a large Laval Rocket logo. There was narration from Shaya relating what was happening , but no picture came back until he was being wheeled off and all the video showed was the Laval bench and the players banging their sticks on the boards and a large crowd on its feet clapping. Shaya said he was gesturing with a hand.

The latest update I can find was 3 hours ago relating that he was fully alert and responsive as he was taken to the hospital for medical attention. That was the same info the Comets released after the game. I can't find a more recent update.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad