Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
While I wouldn't mind, doubt the Jets will do that. From their perspective, Fleury is our #6 and Coughlan is our #7 right now.

Who knows what will happen when Stanley and Heinola our back. Wouldn't be surprised Heinola being sent to the Moose and Stanley is our #6. Fleury and Coughlin probably become 7/8 :laugh:

Pick up Capo. Waive Coglan. When Ville/Stan get back you can choose between Fleury and Capo to keep at #7.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
While I wouldn't mind, doubt the Jets will do that. From their perspective, Fleury is our #6 and Coughlan is our #7 right now.

Who knows what will happen when Stanley and Heinola our back. Wouldn't be surprised Heinola being sent to the Moose and Stanley is our #6. Fleury and Coughlin probably become 7/8 :laugh:
Ville needs waivers, he's not getting sent down. Same with Stan

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
:laugh: OK. Someone said it, with the exception of FO. I think it was a poor choice of words or a low bar for excellence. :laugh:
In our experience of him at 2C the line was successful, in spite of any shortcomings he may have. That is the real measure of his ability in the job.

But how often did he even play more minutes than Lowry? Was he really the 2C or more of a sheltered offensive 3C? I guess my point is Names is a good solid player, but can he really be a 2C on a contender? But you are right, the Jets did fine with him at 2C last year, but still felt the need to trade for an "upgrade".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But how often did he even play more minutes than Lowry? Was he really the 2C or more of a sheltered offensive 3C? I guess my point is Names is a good solid player, but can he really be a 2C on a contender? But you are right, the Jets did fine with him at 2C last year, but still felt the need to trade for an "upgrade".

They actually won at a slightly higher rate with Names at 2C than with the upgrade, FWIW.

No surprise that they felt that need to upgrade though. I don't think anyone is touting him as a true 2C. He is the best we have right now but he is strictly a placeholder. I just hope they don't waste more assets on a rental upgrade.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Eric O’Dell has entered the chat

Jay Harrison and his robust facial hair are a knockin'.

1728230766443.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad