2024-25 Sharks schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So Slone is still part of the Sharks team. I wonder who the new Pre/Postgame host will be. If Slone moved to Canada, it won't be her, but I wish it was. I hope it's not Rameriz.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Wasn't sure where to post this and it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Does anyone know how long the Sharks TV contract lasts now? I was trying to look it up and it pointed me to the 2013 Mercury article but I can't find the specifics. With all the teams moving to an independent streaming model, when will the Sharks finally be out from the Reigns of NBC Sports.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Wasn't sure where to post this and it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Does anyone know how long the Sharks TV contract lasts now? I was trying to look it up and it pointed me to the 2013 Mercury article but I can't find the specifics. With all the teams moving to an independent streaming model, when will the Sharks finally be out from the Reigns of NBC Sports.
Ends in 2028 I believe, i.e. final season under current contract is 27-28.

• Wow

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Are there any buyout options because the tv landscape is rapidly changing and the Sharks (In the Tech capital of the world) are being passed by.

LS is correct. The Sharks have tried to get out of it, but no dice.

While the contract SUCKS, I think it's nice that the Sharks get to sit back and see how these teams far with non-RSN options like teams with all games on OTA, all on streaming (like the Stars with free streaming), or hybrid, before the Sharks dive into something like that. There's going to be lots of kinks to work out, especially for something like what the Stars are doing.

I would bet the Sharks would be closely monitoring how the Stars set up goes, because I suspect that's what they might be thinking (free, but only streaming with no OTA games).

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would bet the Sharks would be closely monitoring how the Stars set up goes, because I suspect that's what they might be thinking (free, but only streaming with no OTA games).

I was watching a little of the Stars game last week just to see how the set up worked and it was nice, but the scorebug and the logo was a little big. If they shrunk those down like 2 or 3 levels, I think it would be a lot better.

Nothing will ever beat the Fox Sports Net Graphics. Now everything just feels a little generic, like the ESPN/TNT logos. At least it's not Ballys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad