Injury Report: 2024-25 Sharks/Barracuda health: Celebrini placed on IR

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Celebrini out for another two weeks at least. Starting to think maybe he shouldnā€™t have played in the opener
Wario at season open:

"It's nothing serious"

Wario, also:

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tw1ster

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ
What exactly happened? A seemingly minor collision at the boards has turned into a month long thing now? Did playing the season opener aggravate it? If so, did the org prioritize the spectacle of showing off their first overall pick in the season opener over his health?

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
What exactly happened? A seemingly minor collision at the boards has turned into a month long thing now? Did playing the season opener aggravate it? If so, did the org prioritize the spectacle of showing off their first overall pick in the season opener over his health?
He was probably already dealing with a hip or knee thing and the collision just made it worse. He tried to manage through it but it was getting worse and probably got very painful after game 1. I bet it wasn't the org, but Celebrini forcing the issue in game 1. Knowing him, the org was probably forcing him to sit out.

It's definitely a bit concerning, but ojala we get 15-20 years of this kid, no need to rush it. Worst case, he's probably a Hischier type, great player who can't stay healthy but can still contribute to the rebuild. That's a dire scenario that I'm not saying is the truth but gotta be realistic about the downside.

He's skating again, so 2-4 weeks is likely. Hopefully he's healthy by Jumbo's retirement game before TGiving.

Sounds like Mukh is within a week or so, but then again, they said he was almost ready at the end of camp and obviously had a setback.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If the FO kept him in the line-up for opening day to appease the fans knowing he was this hurt then I'm really disappointed in their vision.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Well on the bright side it helps the tank, so... there's that

Back to back first overall picks here we come

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
If the FO kept him in the line-up for opening day to appease the fans knowing he was this hurt then I'm really disappointed in their vision.
Iā€™m sure with Rick so involved in Sports Science they wouldnā€™t do anything to cause long term damage. It is probably a hip pointer as some have suspected which is probably painful but not something that can be damaged by playing and is more a pain tolerance thing. I think he has been out this long to ensure he is 100% pain free. These guys play through pain so much in their careers there is no need to force Celebrini to play with hip pain the whole season which is what would happen if he played through it and kept aggravating it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad