Pre-Game Talk: 2024-25 Season Predictions Pole

How many points do the Oilers finish with?

• 115+ Presidents Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-104 3rd in Division

• 95-99 4th in Division

• 90-94 Out of Playoffs

• Less than 89 Fire Everyone

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Preseason is over thank God. The team has struggled to put it together over 8 meaningless games and only 12 weeks removed from a crushing defeat in Game 7 of the Finals.

The second line can’t seem to find any chemistry. Third line appears to be a 4th line (which is what I suspected it might be). 4th line has Philp who’s been a bright spot. Defence is noticeably weaker. Goaltending seems ok. PP can’t find much rhythm.

But preseason is preseason. I am on record thinking the team is noticeably slower and that RD is a Grand Canyon sized hole. But the team today won’t be the team 4.5 months from now.

So how do they do? I’ve made the pole both in terms of finish and relative points it would probably be to finish with that many points.

I think they will finish 2nd in the division ready for a hopefully long playoff run.

Reactions: La Bamba

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Honestly don’t really care about how many points we get or where we finish, just that by the end of the year our key guys are healthy, that Kane is back to his usual self, we have addressed our lineup needs at the TDL, and that we are peaking at the right time. And even with that, if we are firing on all cylinders, even as favourites our odds are still around 12% or so that we win the cup, just shows how competitive the league is now. Should be another fun year.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad