Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Weren't there rumours that Colton was being shopped?

Does he even have the ability to play better when he starts facing higher level competition?
Rumors, but if those are to be believed the price was pretty high.

I don’t think so. He doesn’t have enough IQ. He’s an average 3C, but to really work against to teams, his linemates will have to elevate him.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Rumors, but if those are to be believed the price was pretty high.

I don’t think so. He doesn’t have enough IQ. He’s an average 3C, but to really work against to teams, his linemates will have to elevate him.

The fact (if it is a fact) they were shopping him is enough for me personally to believe that they weren't happy with his contribution. Will be interesting to see how Bednar utilizes him this season and if they upgrade on him by the TDL.

One thing is for sure, having him as 3rd line winger is not very effective usage of money, even though that should he his role IMO.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
People have to accept that this lineup won't be very good while we miss Lehkonen, Landeskog, and Nichushkin. It would happen to every team.

The Oilers without Hyman, RNH and Skinner would be

Janmark - McDavid - Brown
Savoie - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Podkolzin - Henrique - Perry
Jarventie - Philp - Ryan

Which is just gross.

Avs have to survive the first little bit, hope the injuries don't mount and our currently hurt/suspended can return and help this team look a lot deeper.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
That lineup screams for a 3C and a 4C. Colton can do ok- job as 3C, 4C has to be acquired somehow.

Really need Landy, Nuke (gtfo) and Lehky back. By the time they're ready we most likely have new injuries in top 9, but even with two of them the lineup starts to look nice. Get Kelly off the roster and Ritchie back to juniors after a couple of games.

We really need to trade for a good 3C by the TDL. Colton as 3rd line winger could be quite effective also.
Kelly off the roster? I think you're being a bit harsh on him. He's definitely not a 3C but for the 4th line hes more than adequate. I thought he was pretty good in the preseason game I saw him in.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad