GDT: 2024-25 season game 7 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @8:00pm 10/22/24

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I'm going to chalk this loss up to the final game of the month long road trip. The end.
What would you chalk up to the Leafs massacre or 8 goals they let in to Ottawa?
There is a pattern forming and it isnt good. Outside of the Montreal game they havent looked good.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Should start a rebuild. Gavrikov, Danault, Fiala, Kempe, Moore, Foeggle, Kuemper... if you can move any of those guys for quality picks or youth then do it
That is not the right answer. Blake is still the GM, so what makes you think he can rebuild this team right? Blake will save his own butt firing Hiller, who is just a mediocre coach or an Assistant that never should have got the coaching job to begin with. There will be excuses like the Kings were on the road too much for 7 games or that they don't have their starting goalie. This team has too much talent on the roster to be so inconsistent. The coaching system in place is not working right.

He might be old and probably doesn't want to coach again, but I would take Bruce Boudreau to coach this team over Hiller! This team has no identity...

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I thought this was going to be Byfield's breakout season. After having 2 assists in the first 2 games, he's had only 1 assist the last 5 games! He should be the leading scorer for the Kings and not Kopitar.

Last edited:
Reactions: mysterman2

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That is not the right answer. Blake is still the GM, so what makes you think he can rebuild this team right? Blake will save his own butt firing Hiller, who is just a mediocre coach or an Assistant that never should have got the coaching job to begin with. There will be excuses like the Kings were on the road too much for 7 games or that they don't have their starting goalie. This team has too much talent on the roster to be so inconsistent. The coaching system in place is not working right.

He might be old and probably doesn't want to coach again, but I would take Bruce Boudreau to coach this team over Hiller! This team has no identity...
OK Ill amend to: get rid of Beckerman, Luc and Blake.. Hire a new exec team including GM then do as previously prescribed.. i mean we are only just saying things to relieve the pain of our existence during this phase. I / we know none of this will happen... so the realistic thing is waste another deadline and then clean house and rebuild. Edit: and play the kids.. give Lewis popcorn duty and give Akil the shot he deserves.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
OK Ill amend to: get rid of Beckerman, Luc and Blake.. Hire a new exec team including GM then do as previously prescribed.. i mean we are only just saying things to relieve the pain of our existence during this phase. I / we know none of this will happen... so the realistic thing is waste another deadline and then clean house and rebuild.
My prediction is Hiller will not last the whole season. Of the 7 games to start the season, they have only beaten the weaker teams with their 3 wins. Their PP is 23rd @ 14.8%, the PK is 26th @ 73.3%. GFPG is 16th @ 3.14 and GAA is 24th @ 3.57, faceoff % is 47%. While losing Doughty for months, Blake did a poor job addressing Roy going to FA. Rittich looks so inconsistent in place of injured Kuemper. If the Kings at think they will get 2 easy wins against the Sharks, then they will come upon a rude awakening!

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
The eye test was the same...Edmundson / Clarke were not so good...Fiala and Moore not doing much of anything good. Danault...not so much either.

Fiala is so frustrating to watch. Sick skill, but rarely see anything come of it. I was at the last TSC Sunday practice 4 weeks ago and some were just messing around, after practice, many shooting pucks for deflections...and Spence's shot looked better than I thought it was...but then again, it's practice. I saw a player flip a puck about 12 feet high and it was near where Fiala was, 10 feet from the goal, way to a bad angle to right of goal...he hit it, at about 10 feet high (looked like 4 ft above his head) and was a wicked top shelf goal in the corner (was savage wicked)....yet in a game, he cannot handle a puck and cannot score into a half empty net. WTF? 2 years ago, he was using his body better, protecting pucks and making those crazy sideways manuevers. Butt out and keeping players from getting to him....and he no longer does that.

It's like they trade some of the best youth - for some of the mediocre faux talent players and it has cost them dearly. Faber, Vilardi, Durzi, Kupari (yeah, not so good offensively, but good kid, hard working 4th liner that can skate and check) and the Fiala's, PLDs, of the world have never lived up to their ceilings.

I was looking forward to seeing Durzi in this upcoming Utah game, too bad about his injury.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
the-simpsons-pathetic.gif

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Record he damned, the pulse on this team is weak as hell right now.

They are floundering trying to adapt the new system, and there aren’t any signs of it getting better.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Maybe we should work on clearing the crease & not just let everyone stand around in the paint. Just an idea. It's fine. Most teams will look at tape, see that & just head for the paint until it's fixed. Take your time Hiller.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
October hockey is always gross, I’d give it a month for some practices to sink in. Should still be a fun team to watch this year.

But big picture I’m not expecting much more than another first round exit.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I just watched the lowlights of the second and third periods. That sixth Vegas goal was embarrassing. The Kings' man-on-man defense got picked apart by a pack of lions. Knights looked like they're just toying with the Kings. Laferriere gets beaten off the boards, Turcotte spins around like a top in the crease, Edmondson is a large pylon, and Clarke is nowhere to be found.

Penalty killing has been abysmal. Huge lanes, easy goals.

Hiller needs to play this game tape on repeat for the team. It's not pre-season anymore. That was game 7. Get your shit together.

Reactions: 21Dog

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Our defense and goaltending remind me of what you used to see on 1990's expansion team.

Some journeymen AHL/NHL tweeners in net and our top Dmen would be second or third pairing guys on a good team.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad