GDT: 2024-25 season game 4 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:30pm 10/16/24

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Well let's see what happened to Byfield.

Kings still on road another week. And locker rooms not touched.

What f'd up planning

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Hiller needs to put Byfield back with Kopi and Kempe he's lost and thinks linemates are just that he's not the Show yet and put Fiala back with Danault and Moore at least load up the top 6...

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well... We're no longer playing the 1-3-1... Let's be honest, we all know this was Turcotte's fault. Why he hasn't been banished to the AHL is beyond me... :sarcasm:

Reactions: ru4reals

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It sure seems like they miss Doughty a lot more now than they did when he went out three seasons ago.

I think the biggest difference is that Kopitar and Danault were both elite defensive centers that season, and three years later (while still good) they are both no longer at that level.

I also think that Durzi, for all his faults filled in much of Doughty's offense and physicality, and perhaps more importantly his swagger. And as mentioned before a lot of the defensive mistakes were minimized with those he was playing with.

I think one positive is the Kings have the makings of an excellent 4th line with Turcotte and Lee. I'd prefer to see Thomas, but even with Lewis it's been good on both sides of the rink.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings have become what the Ottawa Senators were in recent years.

Some highly touted young players with some well regarded vets, but no real direction overall. Combined with bad coaching and some bad trades they have to try and save face on (Debrincat, Chychrun, PLD).

We even hired their coach.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This man2man defensive play is not gonna work with this depleted lineup! I saw that type of play when Laviolette was coaching the Caps. Kings need to switch to some zone coverage, while the Center stays responsible of the middle.

It sure seems like they miss Doughty a lot more now than they did when he went out three seasons ago.

I think the biggest difference is that Kopitar and Danault were both elite defensive centers that season, and three years later (while still good) they are both no longer at that level.

I also think that Durzi, for all his faults filled in much of Doughty's offense and physicality, and perhaps more importantly his swagger. And as mentioned before a lot of the defensive mistakes were minimized with those he was playing with.

I think one positive is the Kings have the makings of an excellent 4th line with Turcotte and Lee. I'd prefer to see Thomas, but even with Lewis it's been good on both sides of the rink.
With Turcotte's skill set, he should not be playing 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad