GDT: 2024-25 season game 3 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @10:00am (Again) 10/14/24

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 10.14.36 AM.jpeg

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Byfield among with Spence and also Clarke, worst on the ice BY FAR. Byfield the worst of them easily tho
Clarke should have had 1g 3a. I did not see anything bad defensively . BY FAR the worst take I’ve seen in a long time .

I mean you’ve got one of the most exciting prospect in the world playing well , can you just enjoy his play and see all the positives? Yeah he’ll make mistakes , but even so far this year the good outweighs the bad . imagine when he settles down and gets more comfortable

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Reminded me of when I used to play beer league. Painful game to watch, and now I feel bad for my girl having to sit through that crap.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's too early to draw any significant conclusions about this team right now, but the Kings sure are missing the 1-3-1 and the tight defensive structure right now.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Quite the shitty day for LA sports. Kuemper came crashing back down to earth and couldn’t make a simple save. He looked like Stephane Fiset in net. The PK went from being flawless to being the drizzling shits. Byfield has been on the ice for both OT losses and led the Kings with a -3 rating.

Starting to see how much they miss Doughty. On the bright side, the PP, Clarke, Fiala, Kempe and Laferriere looked good. The rest looked like they had too much to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving.

Reactions: kinghock

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
They gave up so many shots against.. and OTT had so much speed entering the zone, the D was on their heels all game. I think its partly a learning curve from relying on the trap to slow down the puck carrier vs reacting and chasing, knowing when to leave the forecheck and get back

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They gave up so many shots against.. and OTT had so much speed entering the zone, the D was on their heels all game. I think its partly a learning curve from relying on the trap to slow down the puck carrier vs reacting and chasing, knowing when to leave the forecheck and get back

It's a huge systematic adjustment for sure

Quite the shitty day for LA sports. Kuemper came crashing back down to earth and couldn’t make a simple save. He looked like Stephane Fiset in net. The PK went from being flawless to being the drizzling shits. Byfield has been on the ice for both OT losses and led the Kings with a -3 rating.

Starting to see how much they miss Doughty. On the bright side, the PP, Clarke, Fiala, Kempe and Laferriere looked good. The rest looked like they had too much to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving.

Not to excuse Byfield but he's not the suspect there.

It's Fiala as we all knew it would be. Especially thru his usually slow start and brain dead plays at dangerous spots.

There's a reason other teams are line matching their best against him and it's not because of Byfield.

If you have to pick Kempe-Kopitar or Danault-Moore to go up against it's an easy sell to send your best vs. the young first time center and Andreas Athanasiou 2.0

*not including Turcotte because he played less than 5 ES minutes

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's a huge systematic adjustment for sure

Not to excuse Byfield but he's not the suspect there.

It's Fiala as we all knew it would be. Especially thru his usually slow start and brain dead plays at dangerous spots.

There's a reason other teams are line matching their best against him and it's not because of Byfield.

If you have to pick Kempe-Kopitar or Danault-Moore to go up against it's an easy sell to send your best vs. the young first time center and Andreas Athanasiou 2.0

*not including Turcotte because he played less than 5 ES minutes
Fiala really is an odd resource. He doesnt seem to know how to use his linemates until he is ready to dish the puck in the o-zone, then he is brilliant with finding the open guy after drawing some defenders.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Hiller really seems way out of his depth, it really shows. How do you not pull Kuemper or call a time out when shit is raining down on you? Not to mention the terrible coach's challenge...

Reactions: chris kontos

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Missed the whole game had to finish staining my deck and prepping stairs for stain and caulking took the whole day...I see LA lost 8-7...love those games where guys fatten up their stats or get themselves outta a funk...good to see Fiala scoring,Kempe scoring,Laferriere scoring,Jeannot scoring did I miss someone...oh yeah Huey

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Sens fan here in peace. What a shitshow of a game. Our board looks the same as yours. It's just one of those games. Good, bad and strange goals. Just get point(s) and run. One thing. (I know you where waiting for it) That was a game with a team trying to unlearn DJ Smith and a team getting used to DJ Smith. Look back at when he was with the Laughs.... Dude has a history. See you in the Finals. Fck everybody else. We got this!

• Haha
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Maybe I’m getting soft as middle age approaches, but I can’t manufacture that much ire about the team. The up and down play feels ok to me because of the minutes the younger players are getting.

Foegle, Jeannot and Lewis aren’t being overplayed and blocking kids. Clarke and Spence are getting a decent look and a guy like Burroughs is an improvement over Englund. So there is a modicum of hope for this management group to not once again overplay their hand.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
fun game to watch as someone with no skin in the game.

i haven't seen this anywhere, but do you guys know if the kings went back to LA after quebec city games?
or have they been on the road the whole time?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Maybe I’m getting soft as middle age approaches, but I can’t manufacture that much ire about the team. The up and down play feels ok to me because of the minutes the younger players are getting.

Foegle, Jeannot and Lewis aren’t being overplayed and blocking kids. Clarke and Spence are getting a decent look and a guy like Burroughs is an improvement over Englund. So there is a modicum of hope for this management group to not once again overplay their hand.
Yea have to give it about 15-20 games before I can really start drawing ire.
Lots of changes in personnel and system.
Really this is what the roster should have looked like in 2021.
Not in 2024 with Stanley Cup aspirations.
If they want to win a lot of games they will have to come together as greater than the sum of their parts. Right now no one is even playing up to their own potential.
Still lots of time to figure it out.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
fun game to watch as someone with no skin in the game.

i haven't seen this anywhere, but do you guys know if the kings went back to LA after quebec city games?
or have they been on the road the whole time?

Pretty sure they stayed on the road, I don't think they flew home

Reactions: neelynugs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad