GDT: 2024-25 season game 3 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @10:00am (Again) 10/14/24

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
And we have our first L of the season with our strategy of betting the under in every Kings game. At least it didn't happen on an ENG to break my heart.

1728932076355.png

This reminds me of another game played in Ottawa many moons ago, legit one of the most exciting playoff games ever played, hopefully the road team can pull this one out too.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Ottawa looked like hot trash the other night against the Canadiens. Not a team they should be giving up 4 in a period to.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Gotta give him more time feel comfortable at center, but Byfield really looks night and day from preseason to these games in a bad way.

Byfield should be entering his 5th season playing center in the NHL, instead of his first full-one (with some sprinklings here and there)

Another poor decision (that resulted in 0 team success) that damaged the long-term outlook of an individual player and the team as a whole.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Damn didn’t even know there was a game on. Going to pretend I didn’t see it and just go back to work.

Today is low-key one of the best sports days of the year (certainly for a weekday)

3 Monday afternoon hockey games (guess morning for a lot of you guys)
Afternoon/Night LCS double-header
Monday Night Football

I got more action going than a 1980's Chuck Norris movie.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Can someone osmosis Luc and Blake into thinking that any player over the age of 32 should be playing between 70-80% of peak minutes for a NHL player.

That would be great.

Kopitar is playing great but it’s because he’s playing limited minutes.

Byfield is trying to be the man and needs to just relax.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
it's like you can pinpoint exactly where things went crazy in the 2nd. From a pp to 4 on 4 because the linesmen called a huddle and called a roughing penalty, yet he somehow missed the retaliation slash. Nick and Jim were totally confused how they could call that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

1-0-2 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Today is low-key one of the best sports days of the year (certainly for a weekday)

3 Monday afternoon hockey games (guess morning for a lot of you guys)
Afternoon/Night LCS double-header
Monday Night Football

I got more action going than a 1980's Chuck Norris movie.
Yup. Something is going to be on from 10am to 9pm.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings go up 6-5 in the 3rd.

Ottawa scores a goal late to tie it.

Sens win 7-6 in OT.

Feels like one of those games where the winning team never leads the game.

Chances of a MacEwen hat trick?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I should just copy and paste this to my notepad to use everytime Fiala pulls a Fiala brain-fart.

Kevin Fiala is a one-dimensional scorer who provides nothing else to a team, but his one skill is something that the team (and all teams) need to be successful, probably even more drastic on the Kings who lack a true offensive game-breaker. You have to accept the bad with the good, as long as he is still providing more good than bad over a full season (which he has for his entire time in LA). There are a lot of players like this around the league who are really key contributors to their teams.

The trade sucked, we all agree on that point now (well maybe other than @Sol ) and it's going to get even worse with time, but he is still an important part of this team generating offense. I think people sometimes unfairly go after him because they know the enormous cost the Kings paid to get him.

Funny thing is people (not necessarily this board) calling for abolishing preseason.

Can you imagine how these chuckle***ks would have looked without preseason?

It would be the same for everybody though.

No competitive advantage one way or the other, and less risk of injury and less making fans pay for exhibition games where regulars aren't even trying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad