Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Wild Card

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I hate the east coast teams. Who the f*** cares about playing against the Sabres? What a shitty season opener. We couldn’t have the Oilers, Ducks, Vancouver?

With how big this league is now I really don’t care about a lot of teams anymore besides the pacific division
I’d like to see the 32 games against the East reduced to 16 and have them reallocated to playing each Pacific team 6 times instead of 3 or 4. Couldn’t care less about seeing the Hurricanes or Canadiens at Crypto every year.

If the NHL is going to stick with the first two rounds of the playoffs being within the division then your head to head record against those teams should hold way more weight in the standings. The Kings will play the Oilers 1 time more than they will play the Blue Jackets this season, make it make sense.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Win or lose as some have mentioned more excited for this season mainly because we get more youth and no more midgets getting their a** kicked in every game. By the way is Lizotte hurt haven't seen him in the lineup all preseason.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I’d like to see the 32 games against the East reduced to 16 and have them reallocated to playing each Pacific team 6 times instead of 3 or 4. Couldn’t care less about seeing the Hurricanes or Canadiens at Crypto every year.
People want a chance to see the stars and transplants want to see their home towns.

You don't care about the Hurricanes or Canadiens but the Crosby and Ovechkin games are games that other fans want

Home and Home for non-conference teams - 32
Home and Home for non-division teams - 16
2 home and 2 away for divisional rivals - 28
76 games of balanced schedule and then
6 games left over for regional/historical rivalries

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
So per Dooley the starting lineup is:

Laferriere – Kopitar – Kempe
Jeannot – Danault – Moore
Fiala – Byfield – Foegele
Lee – Turcotte – Lewis

Anderson – Spence
Gavrikov – Burroughs
Edmundson – Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
From what little I saw, it didn't look like Akil was having a good camp. That's pretty disappointing. I guess that's why he's not in the lineup.

Seems like this would make more sense on D:
Anderson-Spence
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Jones

I'm guessing they need Burroughs in the lineup because he's a PKer and Jones isn't.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Win or lose as some have mentioned more excited for this season mainly because we get more youth and no more midgets getting their a** kicked in every game. By the way is Lizotte hurt haven't seen him in the lineup all preseason.
hes on the penguins now !

GO KINGS GO !!!!

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Lizzo on Pens and got concussed in pre-season not sure if he's back in their lineup yet

• Wow
Reactions: Telos

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kings win 3-2 "GO KINGS GO"
MKAc.gif

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

If the NHL is going to stick with the first two rounds of the playoffs being within the division then your head to head record against those teams should hold way more weight in the standings. The Kings will play the Oilers 1 time more than they will play the Blue Jackets this season, make it make sense.
The biggest joke in the NHL is that we get to play OUR division less because of teams that don’t mean shit to us at all. Brain dead.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
People want a chance to see the stars and transplants want to see their home towns.

You don't care about the Hurricanes or Canadiens but the Crosby and Ovechkin games are games that other fans want

Home and Home for non-conference teams - 32
Home and Home for non-division teams - 16
2 home and 2 away for divisional rivals - 28
76 games of balanced schedule and then
6 games left over for regional/historical rivalries
I guarantee you that this is a slim minority of fans that the NHL is catering to.

I can bet your ginger beard that if you were to poll the entire NHL that fans would want less East vs West games if they got more divisional games. Division games are where the emotion truly is.

Everyone here gets a certain buzz to their day if the Kings are playing Canucks Oilers, and even the Ducks still because f*** vatrano.

Staples atmosphere when the oilers are there is a complete different animal then when some random team like Lightning or Islanders are in town. No one cares except transplants and they shouldn’t even be a target audience. You don’t target 18-25 year olds for a cigar lounge if you’re trying to make your product pop.

No one cares about Sebastian Aho over here.

Reactions: BaileyFan

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I guarantee you that this is a slim minority of fans that the NHL is catering to.

I can bet your ginger beard that if you were to poll the entire NHL that fans would want less East vs West games if they got more divisional games. Division games are where the emotion truly is.

Everyone here gets a certain buzz to their day if the Kings are playing Canucks Oilers, and even the Ducks still because f*** vatrano.

Staples atmosphere when the oilers are there is a complete different animal then when some random team like Lightning or Islanders are in town. No one cares except transplants and they shouldn’t even be a target audience. You don’t target 18-25 year olds for a cigar lounge if you’re trying to make your product pop.

The only "transplant fans" that show up are Chicago, Detroit, and New York fans. Maybe Boston fans.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The NHL already tried emphasizing divisional opponents in the schedule.

We used to play each division team 8 times per year. It was terrible. Seeing the same opponents over and over again was boring.

I've had my fill of the Oilers. I don't want to see them anymore than we already do.

I think you're in the minority SOL. I think most people want variety.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
From what little I saw, it didn't look like Akil was having a good camp. That's pretty disappointing. I guess that's why he's not in the lineup.

Seems like this would make more sense on D:
Anderson-Spence
Gavrikov-Clarke
Edmundson-Jones

I'm guessing they need Burroughs in the lineup because he's a PKer and Jones isn't.
Akil was fine? I didn't hear a complaint about him. It's entirely because he's a right shot and they think they need Lewis there for penalty killing.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Finally, an opportunity to avenge the time they blew us out 7-0 in Buffalo. And the time they beat us 6-0 in Buffalo. And the time they beat us 5-0 in Buffalo. Also the time they beat us 10-1 in Buffalo and 8-3 in Buffalo and I really f***ing hate Buffalo.

Fuffalow!
The only "transplant fans" that show up are Chicago, Detroit, and New York fans. Maybe Boston fans.

There aren't many hockey teams in Haiti, South America or Africa!

Ya gotta play every team, A lot of times I am like WRF on some comments until I see its Soloch!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

They are catering to those that spend money on season seats so, while definitely a slim minority, they are the ones shelling out dollars for every game and are on the hook regardless of team performance. The league wants to sell stars so you still want to get McDavid in Columbus at least once a year.

I thought the eight games against division rivals would be awesome and cause a bunch of bloodbaths but it didn't: it just meant that we had to watch a game against the effing Coyotes again. The game has changed so much on the physical/nasty side of things that trying to force rivalries through more division games still didn't do the trick.

What happens though is that Sidney Crosby and the Pens might not be scheduled to come to LA this season and then he is injured the next season so you've lost two years of potentially seeing him play. While these star players could be hurt every time they come through LA, not having them scheduled at all guarantees that those of us in LA will not have a chance to see a specific superstar or great team.

While Boston has smoked us in some of these recent games here in LA, it has been some of the more exciting hockey I've seen in person during the Bluc era. I'll take that 100 times before another game against Utah or the current iteration of San Jose. Hell, those Boston games have been better than any game against the Ducks in LA for like the last five seasons. Feels like the spicier games against the Ducks happen in Anaheim because they want to get spicy and the Kings have lived to not have to engage physically.

We can talk about buzz and excitement when playing against other teams, but the common denominator is the Kings. They have been a boring ass team that we would not watch on Center Ice if we were a fan of a different team. The way you are talking about Carolina and Aho is how a lot of non-Kings fans would talk about the Kings and Kevin Fiala.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Thought Turcotte played better when he had Akil as his line mate in the preseason. Also, Helenius would have been a better fit on the 4th line, over Lee, considering the skill level is not that much different. The top 3 lines look solid.

On defense, well, I'm just glad Mikey is not lined up with Burroughs. Anderson-Spence is probably the best we have to form a #1 pairing

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The NHL already tried emphasizing divisional opponents in the schedule.

We used to play each division team 8 times per year. It was terrible. Seeing the same opponents over and over again was boring.

I've had my fill of the Oilers. I don't want to see them anymore than we already do.

I think you're in the minority SOL. I think most people want variety.
Judging by this bizarre statement I’d say you’re for sure in the minority. 8 times is probably too much but the division got bigger since the last time we had 8 matches. I’d be happy 5-6 matches. So it means nothing to you that the best player in the world says the Kings are the game he gets up to play the most? Sounds like you want diverse shitty products.

Real fans want emotion. Not variety for the sake of it. Take a seat John.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Hey, it’s puck drop time. So I’m excited to watch the team. If things go well this season, it will happen on the backs of the kids. I’m rooting for that scenario.

At the end of the day, if the team is winning and progressing at the same time, you have real hope for a champion. So hopefully all these changes and question marks evolve into a franchise back on the right track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad