2024-25 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What have you thought about Gaucher so far?
Pretty anonymous so far. His line struggled against Toronto but perhaps not a surprise as he was centre Myatovic and Pitre in game 1 and Myatovic and Mysak in game 2 who are not exactly stellar AHL players (or even AHL level players) at this point in time. He was put with Caufield against Coachella and the line looked much better, a real wrecking ball of a line, lots of physical play, going to the top of the crease and being able to generate offense through physical play.

Sidorov saw some time with Gaucher/Caufield which I found interesting, certainly will open some space for Sidorov but a lot to ask of a AHL rookie to be the offensive playmaker on the line. I'd be interested in seeing someone like Lopina put with Gaucher/Caufield as that has the makings of a solid checking line.

While I mentioned Pitre earlier, I did think he had a couple of moments but he is not close to being physically ready for the AHL for me. Given how he typically plays, I don't see him being effective until that develops, especially as he just seems to bounce off players so far....and not in a good way. I have no idea about the situation in Flint, but it's hard to think that the AHL is a better spot for him compared to the OHL right now. Feels like it will be doing more harm then good keeping him in the AHL...but hopefully I'm wrong.

Tough game tonight against Bakersfield who are 2-0 to start the season, before a trip to Abbotsford next weekend who are 2-1 so far. In fact the Gulls don't play at home again until 2 November....starting the season with 7 road games and 1 home game, and we thought the NHL scheduling was rubbish :laugh:

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Justice for Sidorov after the missed opportunity just before as McKeown decides not to pass for the wide open Sidorov.

Turn around needs to continue for the Gulls, last season's start was so bad it meant that most of the season was irrelevant. The upcoming schedule does not help things.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad