Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
ES scoring has actually been solid...

ducks5.png

If they added a few PP goals could have like a 3-1-1 record now, maybe even better. PP needs more than an adjustment, it needs an overhaul.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
ES scoring has actually been solid...

View attachment 919405

If they added a few PP goals could have like a 3-1-1 record now, maybe even better. PP needs more than an adjustment, it needs an overhaul.

1729533473714.png

That looks great, but we put up a bunch of goals against terrible netminders. We scored 5 goals against Utah's goalie who kept gifting rebounds and 3 goals against Colorado's bad goalie too. Our high xGF/60 is reliant upon opposing bad goalies.

After the next home game versus San Jose, we will go on an East Coast tour: NYR, NJD, NYI, and Pitt. It'll be interesting if Cronin will make any line changes on the road trip.

Reactions: ff8 and Leonardo87

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
So now Strome is out sick. I would bet money that means there are another 3-4 players at least with some degree of the flu right now.

What's a realistic amount of time to really evaluate a flu-stricken team? Two more weeks?

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Gibson being back at practice will lead to an interesting decision. If you waive Reimer, you are almost guaranteed to lose him. Hypothetically, if a Gibson trade is possible in the near future, what would you do? I suppose it’s somewhat likely that a goalie would be coming back in the trade, but would that goalie be better than Reimer?

Reactions: Jacob582

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
So now Strome is out sick. I would bet money that means there are another 3-4 players at least with some degree of the flu right now.

What's a realistic amount of time to really evaluate a flu-stricken team? Two more weeks?
I think it depends - if the whole team has it as of say a few days ago maybe we’re back to where we should be in 2 weeks (and continue to be absolutely wretched in the meantime) but if it’s going to jump between all our players I feel like we could just be swimming in mud a bit but for a longer period

Reactions: ZegrassyKnoll

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Gibson being back at practice will lead to an interesting decision. If you waive Reimer, you are almost guaranteed to lose him. Hypothetically, if a Gibson trade is possible in the near future, what would you do? I suppose it’s somewhat likely that a goalie would be coming back in the trade, but would that goalie be better than Reimer?

Reimer isnt a guy Id be afraid to lose. The Gibson situation has to work out first and if you lose a goalie that was being waived to be sent down to an AHL team because of it, oh well.

The reason he was someone we wanted is because our other goalies werent good enough to play the backup role, or because it was better for their development to go down.

If a Gibson trade happens, you are most likely getting a goalie back that is on a current NHL roster. That would be good enough.

Eval period for me, goes until about Thanksgiving. Then everything is on the table.

Smirnov2Chistov

Fire Greg Cronin!
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
What has given Gauthier the priority of taking the top line spot? Why not put Zegras there?

Christ. At least on the bright side, Lundy is finally getting some sort of top-six look.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
What has given Gauthier the priority of taking the top line spot? Why not put Zegras there?

Christ. At least on the bright side, Lundy is finally getting some sort of top-six look.

I dont know that we can really say we have a top line. I think they are trying to figure out chemistry and matchups more than anything else. The biggest thing that drives the ice time appears to be special teams. Everything else has been pretty even last I checked.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Reimer isnt a guy Id be afraid to lose. The Gibson situation has to work out first and if you lose a goalie that was being waived to be sent down to an AHL team because of it, oh well.

The reason he was someone we wanted is because our other goalies werent good enough to play the backup role, or because it was better for their development to go down.

If a Gibson trade happens, you are most likely getting a goalie back that is on a current NHL roster. That would be good enough.

Eval period for me, goes until about Thanksgiving. Then everything is on the table.
Everything is always on the table at Thanksgiving

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad