Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here are a couple of articles on the Ducks from the Athletic. One from Stephens about the depth chart and one from an offensive/defensive models rating by Dom. The latter article identifies what many on here have pointed out, like @Leonardo87 , that none of our youths have broken out. And because none of the youths (excluding Terry) haven't broken out yet, the rebuild is stagnant. It also doesn't help that the support group around the youth core isn't great. What I found interesting about the latter article was that despite our overall GA going down, it's the fact that when our top-6 scorers score they also give up the same or more goals against.

Note, it's a model and no model is perfect. I do like all the work and cross-referencing done in differentiating offensive and defensive ratings. The article is a great reading fodder until the regular season comes.

Stephens Article

Dom Article

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Carpenter sent to the Gulls? I swear Etem said he was bing counted on by the Ducks this season. Total Shocker.

That reminds me of Bill Walton commentating on Clippers basketball (and other teams) back in the day when he would say playfully, "Where would the Clippers be without (insert any non-star player)?" Of course, Walton meant it in part complement and in part jest. Clippers fans needed some levity in the dark years.

Problem with Etem is that he's overhyping everything to where you just want to mute the telecast. I tried watching one of his interviews of former Ducks and I don't think he's a great interviewer either.

Reactions: MCB and KelVarnsen

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I was hoping that Regenda would come into camp and show well enough to crack the roster. We could surely use another big body presence and capable PKer, but clearly he didn't make enough of a mark.
He seems like a prototypical AHL guy. He's got good instincts around the net and on the forecheck, but every other part of his game (skating, shot, defense, passing) is fringe NHL caliber. I think he's one of those guys that a loaded contender could stick on the 4th line with some speedy two-way types and they'd form a nice, pesky line. Unfortunately, the Ducks don't have the personnel to carry a guy like Regenda.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hey ducks fans, how is Drew Helleson doing? Could he make the team or is he a trade candidate/reclamation?

He didn't get any NHL action last year after getting a three game cup of coffee the year prior (although did deal with multiple injuries). Definitely has been passed on the depth chart by several younger D and has countless more biting at his heels. Now in his D+6 year and from the pre season action I've seen, he just doesn't have any standout qualities to where I'd be comfortable projecting him as more than a depth guy. The right shot and size will get him further opportunity, and maybe he'll figure something out if moved to a new org with less young D depth to overcome - but he's undoubtedly plateaued as of now.

This is the last year of his ELC, if it was up to me I'd be looking to move him before the deadline to avoid a tough decision on whether to qualify or let him walk for a better opportunity.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad