Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Mainly because they were awful defensively and after the first couple months stopped producing too. Seems like it will be Z-McT-Terry to start camp.

It seems odd to split McTavish and Vatrano after his season last year. I'm too Getzlaf to look it up but I remember seeing Vatrano's stats without McTavish and it wasn't pretty. Vatrano-McTavish-Terry seems to make the most sense to me. Zegras should be the third line center.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I kinda like the idea of

Killorn-McTavish-Vatrano
Gauthier-Carlsson-Zegras
Fabbri-Strome-Terry

I'm personally not a fan of Strome at center of unless it's the 4th line. Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn seems like a lock to me and makes a lot of sense. Vatrano had a 37 goal season with McTavish as a major factor and there was chemistry developing between McTavish-Terry at the end of the season before injuries got in the way again. Vatrano-McTavish-Terry seems logical to me. The rest shakes out to:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Fabbri-Zegras-Strome
Harkins-Lundestrom-Leason

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I'm personally not a fan of Strome at center of unless it's the 4th line. Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn seems like a lock to me and makes a lot of sense. Vatrano had a 37 goal season with McTavish as a major factor and there was chemistry developing between McTavish-Terry at the end of the season before injuries got in the way again. Vatrano-McTavish-Terry seems logical to me. The rest shakes out to:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Fabbri-Zegras-Strome
Harkins-Lundestrom-Leason
I just feel like that 3rd line is setting Zegras up to fail. He should be playing with better players than that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I just feel like that 3rd line is setting Zegras up to fail. He should be playing with better players than that.
This is why I'm not a fan of going Carlsson-McTavish-Zegras down the middle. Sure in a perfect world the team is deep enough to do that but on this team you're basically condemning one of those guys to play with wingers you wouldn't want to pair them with.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I would be okay with Zegras on the 3rd line as long as he had one of Frank or Cutter with him. It might actually be a pretty effective strategy to take advantage of better match-ups. Something like:

Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Strome-McTavish-Vatrano
Gauthier-Zegras-Fabbri (?)

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I would be okay with Zegras on the 3rd line as long as he had one of Frank or Cutter with him. It might actually be a pretty effective strategy to take advantage of better match-ups. Something like:

Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Strome-McTavish-Vatrano
No ty with strome in a top 6 roll . And I’m ok with Frankie not being top 6 either. Let them both get softer 3rd line matchups

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Strome-McTavish-Vatrano
If you’re giving the easy matchups to the Zegras line, then that McTavish line will be put in the same matchups they were outplayed in last season.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If you’re giving the easy matchups to the Zegras line, then that McTavish line will be put in the same matchups they were outplayed in last season.
I think we're too attached to lines 1-3 given the current team make up all 3 lines are arguable "2nd" lines. Give the hard matcheups to the group playing the best.

Reactions: JAHV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad