Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
what does depth have to do with top end talent?

they are two different things.

If Siegs is a top 4 guy again then you should easily be able to get away with running out a top 4 of Dougie, Siegs, Nemec, and Dillon with a bottom pair of Hatakka-Kovacevic for a couple of weeks. If that sinks your season then you had far bigger problems to worry about anyway.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If Siegs is a top 4 guy again then you should be able to get away with running out a top 4 of Dougie, Siegs, Nemec, and Dillon with a bottom pair of Hatakka-Kovacevic for a couple of weeks. If that sinks your season then you had far bigger problems to worry about anyway.
That backup defense is better than what we iced most of last year. Our defense can withstand injuries a lot better than our top 6 can.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Surgery recovery???

This is where I get accused of being pessimistic.

Not sure I see a Stevens or Neidermayer in this group - let alone all the top notch defenders that were with those teams.

In fact, don't see a number one shut down guy in the bunch.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not sure you see Hall of Famers who were among the best to play their position on defense? Wow. You got a point there.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Kinda concerning because he said he'd be ready for camp so how come he's not? Not too worried about it. We've got decent enough depth.
My guess is he is still having residual inflammation and it’s causing pain when he puts on his skates. Maybe he’s got some scar tissue in there as well. He will work through it but it could take some time.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
So there’s a good chance Pesce isn’t ready for the start of the season either now it seems?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad