Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We are almost a eeek from training camp and with today’s PTOs our roster and the competition for the remaining spots are beginning to come into form.

I see 11 locks at forward: Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Terry, Strome, Killorn, Vatrano, Gauthier, Lundestrom, Leason, and Fabbri.

Leaving the following players competing for 2-3 spots: McGinn, Johnston, Harkins, Meyer, Katchouk, Nesterenko, Regenda, Colangelo, and Sennecke.

I think we have 6 locks at D: Fowler, Mintyukov, Gudas, Lacombe, Vaakanainen, and Dumoulin, with it being very likely that Zellweger is on the team as well.

So only 1-2 spots open for Luneau, Lindstrom, Pysyk, and Helleson

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We are almost a eeek from training camp and with today’s PTOs our roster and the competition for the remaining spots are beginning to come into form.

I see 11 locks at forward: Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Terry, Strome, Killorn, Vatrano, Gauthier, Lundestrom, Leason, and Fabbri.

Leaving the following players competing for 2-3 spots: McGinn, Johnston, Harkins, Meyer, Katchouk, Nesterenko, Regenda, Colangelo, and Sennecke.

I think we have 6 locks at D: Fowler, Mintyukov, Gudas, Lacombe, Vaakanainen, and Dumoulin, with it being very likely that Zellweger is on the team as well.

So only 1-2 spots open for Luneau, Lindstrom, Pysyk, and Helleson
I have a tough time seeing Leason as a lock.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
We already have a ton of fringe forwards competing for a limited number of roster spots, why add a 36 year old to that mix?
Experience, one less guy to worry about developing and adds a style we don't really have? If he's washed then pass. Imo, we're developing too many players at once. One less player to worry about I guess. Not saying we should, just a thought. I'm not enamored with Leason and if we got an established upgrade I'd do it. Clutterbuck might not be though.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Experience, one less guy to worry about developing and adds a style we don't really have? If he's washed then pass. Imo, we're developing too many players at once. One less player to worry about I guess. Not saying we should, just a thought. I'm not enamored with Leason and if we got an established upgrade I'd do it. Clutterbuck might not be though.
If even Lou Lamoriello doesn’t want him anymore, then I have to assume he’s super washed.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad