Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
980dap.jpg

Stop overrating prospects Jojo

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It was inevitable, he didn't play badly, he just didn't do enough to justify keeping him up.

Great experience for the kid, practiced and played in the NHL, got to learn what he needs to improve in his game to play at the next level.

Should start next season in the NHL.

Needs to work on his offensive skill package, but when you can skate with McDavid, you know you got the goods to make it at the next level.
Biggest improvement needed is probably his shot, and to think the game faster, the windows in the CHL are going to look huge to him.
Brad Jones disagrees.

I think it's nine games played, so there was no rush.

And yes, he did skate with McDavid, 7 minutes, and wasn't overwhelmed.
That's a huge confidence builder. Knowing you can hang in there with the best.
Wow a whopping 7 minutes he hung in there you say. Get hos Flyers hall of fame banner ready.

Reactions: VladDrag and BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love that they used this window to see firmly where he is, strengths, weaknesses, what to work on at this level.

Yes, there are many arguments against doing this. I ignore them in this case. YOLO.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Couts was awesome. Best game from him since early last year. Hope his body holds up. Might have been the best game i've ever seen from Risto too.

I think he'll hold up just fine, he's not having to be the GUY anymore he can just do his thing and defer, he looked great doing just that this game. Played awesome defensively that lead to breakouts. Risto was awesome, thought that the whole game too, seemed like he was everywhere.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Leafs are once again having issues. They’ve tried changing GMs and coaches with no effect. It’s obvious that the big guys need to be broken up. No club in their right mind would trade Matthews so either Marner or Nylander need to go. Marner would need an extension in order to be dealt. In return they would need some grit as well as scoring.
Could the Flyers step in here and nab an extended Marner or Nylander for something like Laughton, Konecny or Ristolainen. Obviously Toronto would need to add in order to make the money work. I included Laughton and Risto since Berube likes Laughton a lot and a RHD is a Leaf need.
Marner or Nylander could play center for the Flyers. Nylander has been open to a position change. Both have NMCs but things like that can be worked around if organizations chose to do so.
The Leafs are going to have to make a major personnel move. Just thinking if there is a way for the Flyers to benefit from it. Some team will.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Leafs are once again having issues. They’ve tried changing GMs and coaches with no effect. It’s obvious that the big guys need to be broken up. No club in their right mind would trade Matthews so either Marner or Nylander need to go. Marner would need an extension in order to be dealt. In return they would need some grit as well as scoring.
Could the Flyers step in here and nab an extended Marner or Nylander for something like Laughton, Konecny or Ristolainen. Obviously Toronto would need to add in order to make the money work. I included Laughton and Risto since Berube likes Laughton a lot and a RHD is a Leaf need.
Marner or Nylander could play center for the Flyers. Nylander has been open to a position change. Both have NMCs but things like that can be worked around if organizations chose to do so.
The Leafs are going to have to make a major personnel move. Just thinking if there is a way for the Flyers to benefit from it. Some team will.
Why would you want to overpay for guys who couldn't win on a talent laden team?
Matthews is the guy I'd want, but he's not going anywhere.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
There are plenty of reasons to be harsh on this team, all deserved, but being real, this was the correct decision, credit to them for doing the obviously correct thing this time. I don't mind Luchanko getting some time with the big club to get a taste of it, but he needs to play regularly, with a big offensive role, and that wasn't happening in Philly.
No. No credit to them. He shouldnt of made the team in the 1st place. Im only surprised they didnt burn a year on the ELC first before sending him back.

Reactions: Curufinwe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Leafs are in an 82-game preseason.

Nylander just signed a big extension, he's not going anywhere.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No. No credit to them. He shouldnt of made the team in the 1st place. Im only surprised they didnt burn a year on the ELC first before sending him back.
He made the team on merit, Luchanko was probably as good as Poehling or Laughton/Cates at center.
But as Briere said, they don't want him to be a 4C. They already have too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad