2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was inevitable, he didn't play badly, he just didn't do enough to justify keeping him up.

Great experience for the kid, practiced and played in the NHL, got to learn what he needs to improve in his game to play at the next level.

Should start next season in the NHL.

Needs to work on his offensive skill package, but when you can skate with McDavid, you know you got the goods to make it at the next level.
Biggest improvement needed is probably his shot, and to think the game faster, the windows in the CHL are going to look huge to him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Would have been nice for the cowards to admit he never should have been here and how moronic it was to not have him playing at all and exposing him to Torts and his loser culture.

Shouldn’t play next year either unless he puts up 120 pts

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
980dap.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Non zero chance they thought they had to send him down today with it being the 8th game today and 9th game being tomorrow, right?
I think it's nine games played, so there was no rush.

And yes, he did skate with McDavid, 7 minutes, and wasn't overwhelmed.
That's a huge confidence builder. Knowing you can hang in there with the best.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There are plenty of reasons to be harsh on this team, all deserved, but being real, this was the correct decision, credit to them for doing the obviously correct thing this time. I don't mind Luchanko getting some time with the big club to get a taste of it, but he needs to play regularly, with a big offensive role, and that wasn't happening in Philly.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think it's nine games played, so there was no rush.

And yes, he did skate with McDavid, 7 minutes, and wasn't overwhelmed.
That's a huge confidence builder. Knowing you can hang in there with the best.
It is nine games played but I would never put anything passed this organization.

Hyka and all that.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The Flyers' defense can't afford losing Cam York for an extended period of time. That is a massive blow to their hopes of turning this around.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
5:31 at 5v5 in which the Corsi count was 2-6, Fenwick was 2-5, and Shots were 0-4. That totaled up to an xGF of just under 27%.

My confidence would be throbbing.
It would. We're talking an 18 year old going against the best player in the world and not getting blown off the ice.

xGF% 73.01 against Luchanko, 68.51% with Luchanko off the ice.
Maybe that McDavid guy is pretty good?

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
It was inevitable, he didn't play badly, he just didn't do enough to justify keeping him up.

Great experience for the kid, practiced and played in the NHL, got to learn what he needs to improve in his game to play at the next level.

Should start next season in the NHL.

Needs to work on his offensive skill package, but when you can skate with McDavid, you know you got the goods to make it at the next level.
Biggest improvement needed is probably his shot, and to think the game faster, the windows in the CHL are going to look huge to him.
Eric wellwood was fast as hell to he didn't have offense and didn't stick (career ended in injury) but you can't just keep someone because they're fast as hell

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Eric wellwood was fast as hell to he didn't have offense and didn't stick (career ended in injury) but you can't just keep someone because they're fast as hell
That's a weird comparison.
Luchanko is a good passer, he just needs to work on his shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad