2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
If you are using NST, high danger isn’t just location based, there’s a few things that go into it.

Also, HDCF is all shot attempts where most xG models are are all unblocked attempts.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008

Attachments

• 20241021_125937.png
    20241021_125937.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Placeholder for Laughton who is on temporary leave (wife expecting a baby).

Luchanko being held out suggests he may be on the way out. No reason not to play him for a home game (b/c you can control matchups to some extent).

But Frost, Laughton, Couts, Poehling, Cates. Without Luchanko no easy answer at "2C."

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Farabee-Frost-Michkov
Tippett-Couturier-Konecny

Foerster-Laughton-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway
Love it. Personally I was thinking :

Farabee - Coots - Michkov
Tippett - Frost - TK
Same last 2.

Tippett for Farabee because man.. Tippett isn't a bad player, but he is a low IQ player. The second 2 on 1 they had the fact that he didn't pass blew my mind. The first one if anything he should have shot a bit sooner. The second one... bro. The passing lane was wide open and he somehow thought shooting was the move. Just one example, but that moment had me frustrated. Tippett can dangle and has a shoot first mentality. Not a bad combo, but not the right linemate for Michkov. Michkov may have a high IQ, but he is still primarily a goal scorer over a playmaker. Farabee a has a solid skillset that should compliment Matvei. Farabee has a solid IQ which is a needed upgrade. I would say he is pass first, but overall he is pretty decent at recognizing situations where he needs to be the shooter. Farabee played on a line with Jack Hughes on USNTDP and thrived, that is as much of proven track record with high IQ players as the Flyers have. Please put them together. Coots because while I think Coots will help defensively which is needed, he also has a good IQ. This line feels like it could be awesome if they give it a few games to get on the same page.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Placeholder for Laughton who is on temporary leave (wife expecting a baby).

Luchanko being held out suggests he may be on the way out. No reason not to play him for a home game (b/c you can control matchups to some extent).

But Frost, Laughton, Couts, Poehling, Cates. Without Luchanko no easy answer at "2C."

Maybe, maybe not. They're preparing for a back to back and Torts already said he's not gonna play Luchanko back to back early this season. With Laughton absent as well I'm not sure you can read too much into these practice lines but we'll see.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Maybe, maybe not. They're preparing for a back to back and Torts already said he's not gonna play Luchanko back to back early this season. With Laughton absent as well I'm not sure you can read too much into these practice lines but we'll see.
"Torts already said he's not gonna play Luchanko back to back early this season"

This statement leaves almost no room for interpretation with regards to whether Jett will be sent down.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
poor up n down Toilet seat Frost..

he needs off the team and away from this shit Org. ASAP

of course shittruck is back in. 100% he drops the gloves at opening faceoff for a staged useless fight.
Frost is averaging 18:14/game, is their de facto #1C, has spent significant time playing with Tippett & Michkov, & has 0 ES points in 5 games, while getting crushed in possession, scoring chances for/against, & goals for/against.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
xGFrel: Laughton +10.85, Luchanko +3.99, Couts +3.14, Poehling -3.54, Frost -3.93
HDCFrel: Couts +36.78, Luchanko +5.58, Laughton -0.30, Poehling -0.84, Frost -14.82
Pp/60 (5x5): Laughton 3.68, Poehling 3.59, Couts 1.10, Frost 0.00, Luchanko 0.00

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
100% these guys are gunna f*** up this move on Jett... give him his 9 games and send him down.

this is a homerun easy move to do... but...

nope.... they gunna play him till game 40ish and then be forced to send him down cuz hes a wreck...

not one person could have called this...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My take on Couts is that he's mostly back, the problem is the game has changed over the last five years. The league is faster, while Couts is about the same. He's still big, smart, etc. Posting excellent metrics.

I think Torts is right that his future is at LW, where his size and smarts will make him a top LW, while he won't have to skate as much (in Torts scheme, if a center is pushing play in the O-zone, it's hard to get back to the goal line in a 2-3 zone if you lack speed).

Briere has said as much, they're looking for full-sized two way centers who can skate, they'll take more chances on smaller or slower wings who have offensive skills. It's easier to find a Brink, Barkey or Ciernak.

Problem is these centers are tough to find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad