2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I have a ton of faith in Brad Shaw getting through to Drysdale. The guys apparently love working with Shaw and have a ton of respect for him. Fingers crossed.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
He clearly appears to be able to keep up in the NHL and is, even if embarrassingly, one of our top centers already. It's not "PR" to acknowledge that. It is an exciting premise and worthy of some praise as a fresh 18 year old.

Tortorella is just getting tunnel vision into thinking "He's one of our top centers already? Then he's making the team."

Unless he is extraordinary, Briere and Jones can't let this go beyond 9 games.
That's what we want from this guy, the ability to keep up. Not develop an offensive game or be a difference maker but just being able to keep up should justify a 13th overall pick

Would bet money they let this go past 9 games and then send him down after he gets scratched by John multiple times

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
If they keep luchanko beyond the 9 games, it would be a terrible mistake. There is absolutely no need for him to be up. It's a high risk move with zero reward.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
If they keep luchanko beyond the 9 games, it would be a terrible mistake. There is absolutely no need for him to be up. It's a high risk move with zero reward.

I can understand it even if it has no logical sense.

They have a game-breaking prospect that came to them through the circumstances of pure chaos, and they feel like it's time to roll the dice and pray for a second miracle.

Following this team isn't mentally healthy, but oh well.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Is it fair to judge luchenko to judge him on his junior stats when he was 17 his last season?
Half the time people are slobbering about how physical advanced he is. He's so strong, he's so fast! Highest grip strength and total power output at the combine!

The other half of the time they are talking about how he was only 17 and still produced!

What would normally be impressive about his production at 17 would be the fact he did it while being physically immature compared to his competition.

If he is as physical advanced as the organization claims, it does a lot to nullify the idea that what he did at 17 was anything special.

Reactions: Hextallent63

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Briere strikes me as a low integrity GM and is more concerned to look good than be good.

The cutter gauthier fiasco and lying beforehand and afterwards using vague language of the timeline to manipulate the whole situation, after he himself effed up. No accountability.

Stating that Bonk would go top 10 in re-draft to pump his own tires. How's that one looking?

Playing dumb throughout the whole Kolosov debacle similar to the cutter issue.

The Luchanko move reeks of insecurity of the Buium pass as well. You can't make this move with Luchanko, you just can't. How can these hockey lifers not see what the fans are seeing?? Did you not learn from rushing Zubrus??

I'm usually an optimist, but this organization is not in good hands. We need a new singular owner to lead the franchise so he can get rid of all these shenanigans.

Michkov is still in his honeymoon stage right now but sheet hasn't yet hit the fan. He is ultra competitive and once he matures and becomes the leader of the team, he won't put up with this.

I hope I am 100 percent wrong, but if the only strong personality is the head coach with little checks and balances, ship will sink.

Ed Snider is turning and cursing in his grave.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad