2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You had better expectations than 87 points last season? I think Vegas had them at 75.5, and the board certainly had them pegged as a bottom-feeder.

They exceeded expectations, even after losing their #1 goalie in January to a sexual assault charge.

Wait, is this that poll you ran that didn't remotely show what you claim?

I cannot imagine taking a victory lap because the team finished around bottom 10 and missed the playoffs instead of bottom 5.

Especially when a major complaint about Tortorella is that he gets the most out of bad teams and holds good teams back, trapping them in mediocre hell. How is that thing playing out good?

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Wait, is this that poll you ran that didn't remotely show what you claim?

I cannot imagine taking a victory lap because the team finished around bottom 10 and missed the playoffs instead of bottom 5.

Especially when a major complaint about Tortorella is that he gets the most out of bad teams and holds good teams back, trapping them in mediocre hell. How is that thing playing out good?
Are you implying the Flyers didn't exceed expectations last season?

Reactions: Zenithfly

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Lycksell was a 6th round pick.

He was under a point per game in the AHL at age 23.

OK, 39 points in 38 AHL games at age 24. Great.

People mocked Gerry Mayhew, what has Lycksell shown that he's anything more than an AHL scorer like Mayhew?

Why are people pretending he's some kind of significant prospect?

If he can beat out someone in the top 9, good for him. I don't see it happening.

And he's useless as a 4th liner. At least let the 4th line be a pain in the ass to play against.

Lycksell has 6 points in 26 career NHL games. Hathaway had 17 points in 82 NHL games last season. Hath can give you the same production on the 4th line while also bringing a completely different and beneficial physical element to the team that Lycksell lacks.
Lycksell's prorated points is slightly better than Hathaway's and he's 6/7 years younger. Tell me who has a better chance to develop?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The Flyers have depth. They're going to play hard and play the right way.

They lack high-end talent, but they'll be in the playoff hunt IF they get adequate goaltending.

Goaltending is going to be the biggest factor.
you literally..did not answer the question lol The Flyers way..GTFO...you ..like they are stuck in the 70's and 80's

Are you implying the Flyers didn't exceed expectations last season?
did most of the other teams in the east suck? or are you going to gloss over that

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Who is stagnating?

Wisdom regressed, but not sure if that's injuries or struggling in a more competitive AHL
Desnoyers regressed, but word is he gained too much weight and was sluggish, quicker this camp.
Tuomaala took a step up.
Ginning continued to improve, but the ceiling is obvious.
Avon improved, has filled out his body, but missed a lot of development time before he was signed as a UDFA (which is how one of the fastest players in the CHL went undrafted)
Grans has flatlined, but that's why he was available in the first place
Samson has improved, but still has a long way to go to be NHL material
Lycksell has improved
Attard has improved

In other words, pretty typical of any organization.
Not one is a slam dunk NHL player.
The "Who is stagnating?" question asked in an accusatory tone, followed by naming a bunch of players who stagnated before we could even answer is hilarious to me. 10/10.

I recall the vast majority on this board labeling the Flyers a bottom-5 team before last season, and they went into Game 82 with a chance to make the playoffs.
You recall wrong, the biggest portion of the pre-season poll had them finishing just outside the playoffs.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
They have 18 legitimate NHL players who could start for most teams in the NHL on the current roster, you couldn't say that for most of the decade since 2011-12. Zamula and Brink are probably the most marginal in that group, but both would be claimed if cut.
18 legitimate NHL players! This powerhouse of a team you think has absolutely no chaff better perform as cup aspirations with such a stacked roster. Should we be disappointed if a team with all legitimate NHL players doesn't at least make the cup final?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Lycksell's prorated points is slightly better than Hathaway's and he's 6/7 years younger. Tell me who has a better chance to develop?
Develop into what?

Hey, if Lycksell beats out Farabee or Brink for a top 9 wing role, good for him.

You really want Lycksell on line 4, getting maybe 2 more points than Hathaway but offering absolutely no dimensions to his game that Hathaway offers, like being one of the biggest pains in the asses to play against in the entire league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad