Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign LOC to 6-Year Extension (6 x $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can we call him LOCO for excepting a cheap deal? He could have gotten more

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
LOC deserves it. We're going to be f***ed by the cap anyways, I for one am happy that a walk-on like LOC is getting a big piece of the cake. He's been a big part of our success.

Congrats dude!

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
So our third line is going to cost us 9 million but can't take defensive assignments? Hopefully that changes, I will say though when LOC was healthy that third line was clicking, everything wasn't the same with that line when he went down. Happy for LOC, hope he's healthy.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So our third line is going to cost us 9 million but can't take defensive assignments? Hopefully that changes, I will say though when LOC was healthy that third line was clicking, everything wasn't the same with that line when he went down. Happy for LOC, hope he's healthy.

The last assignment Wood (barely)got right was writing his name in the top left of the page.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Happy for LOC for getting that security. He had to really earn it the hard way and it's well deserved.

AAV is solid for what he currently brings but personally I don't like locking up bottom six players to lengthy contracts into their mid-30's. IMO, it's an unnecessary risk. Certainly better than doing this for Miles Wood, who they should be trying to move if there's any buffoon willing to take his deal!

Reactions: dahrougem2

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
This is an absolute steal, Yakov Trenin got 3.5 on the open market, and while I like the player, he's not better than LOC

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
LOC signing this deal seems like an endorsement of the team's culture. One of the few guys that you can say has been developed into an NHLer by the Avs and obviously didn't want to leave.
Man, I wanted to say we didn't develop LOC because we was a walk-on UFA. But he only played 5 games in 18/19, 16 in games in 19/20, 22 games in 20/21 before becoming a full-timer in 21/22.

I really felt like he'd been up with the club since day one, but my memory was obviously way off. Still such a great dude and story. I absolutely love his work ethic. One other dude we picked up in that 18/19 season...Matt Calvert.

I see a lot of Matty in Logan.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Totally out of the blue and definitely not anything I’d have expected but he obviously wants to retire an Av and that deal is nice. Love the dude, too so even if he’s not so great the second half of the deal, I’ll be happy to have him around.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Love seeing LOC stick around. Would also love if this meant Wood was gone early into his contract.

I just might get myself a jersey of his if I can stomach fanatics long enough to.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Mentioned this is the free agent thread but for those keeping score capwages has the info already built in...but they don't have any terms listed...as of yet.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Don't be so glum.... It's only costing 6.6M this year. It won't cost us 9M until they are all a year older. :sarcasm:

Besides, everyone keeps saying the cap is going up...why would we only expect Mikko to say, "um...give me some of that please!" You are right, this appears to be a lot for a third line that only played at that level for a short time period. But this thread is about LOC, so I'm just going to throw out the situation and just be happy that if anyone on the team has "earned" a contract like this through effort, will and sheer determination it's this dude. It's a shame we can't claim him as a draft product but it is a bonus to the team for inviting him to camp and getting right on him.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great contract overall, but I wish there was a way to take the length and switch it with Mittelstadt.

However, a bit surprised Avs went that far with a bloke coming off hip surgery.

The standard anti-Canada NTC.

Congrats LOC!
To be fair to Canada, you'd have a ton of players flock to the country if cities like Quebec City or Kelowna had NHL teams. Both are some of the best-looking cities I have seen in all of North America.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
To be fair to Canada, you'd have a ton of players flock to the country if cities like Quebec City or Kelowna had NHL teams. Both are some of the best-looking cities I have seen in all of North America.

Let’s be honest… nah. Especially Quebec, arguably the worst taxes in the entire country.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Congrats to Logan - without a doubt one of the great ambassadors of the 10 time National Champion University of Denver Pioneer program. His career arc shows the hard working Pioneers that come behind him into the program to never let the start of your college and pro career define you. If you work hard to improve you too can become an important cog in a Stanley Cup Champion. He's a winner and I'll take winners like Logan over a lot of highly touted high end draft picks. He is set in this city - I'm sure he'll end up on the media squad one day following in Ryker's and the great Peter McNabb's footsteps - it's the Pioneer way.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I love this deal, but also wondering if the plan is to go with two $1 million goalies in 2025-2026. Between this deal, the Drouin handshake deal, and whatever stupid sum we give to Mikko, it's going to be awfully tight salary wise, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad