Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t think I’d go that far, but he certainly doesn’t help this team get any faster, which is clearly an emphasis this offseason. I agree that the Bruins should stay away. He’s not a good fit

He's that player that if you have very specific role on the right team, he can be effective.

The problem is, on a longer term deal, there is no way to guarantee what his place or role on the team would be. You can't just leave him with your top players if he's not producing and he's useless further down in the line-up where your expected to hold your own on both sides of the puck.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bertuzzi wants to stay with Leafs and they apparently want to keep him

Good, if the Bruins are going to sign or trade for a winger to replace JDB I would rather it be someone younger or faster then Bertuzzi. If not, they need more of a pure goal scorer type like Marchessault. Bertuzzi is a good player, just not sure that a longer term contract will age well the way he plays and with his lack of pace as the English say.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
PLD sucks. Lazy and a malcontent. Already could be on team 4 by age 25. If that doesn’t scream the guy is a problem I don’t know what does.

Even in a must win game yesterday he looked like he was just going through the motions. How he got a reputation as some power forward is beyond me.

I couldn't believe they told Fantilli (who was on last year's gold medal team), to go home and brought a loser like PLD along.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
You worry about the forward group first. But a move that pushes Wotherspoon to be the 7th D isn’t a bad move at all. You ain’t getting thru the playoffs with your top 6 staying healthy. Having Wotherspoon be the first guy up has a lot of value given that that the prospect D group is bad with Lorhei reaching post prospect status.
So Daily Faceoff had contract projections for the top 75 UFA's. Looking at the top 10 LHD to bump Wotherspoon down you have

Skjei and Zadorov - likely way too expensive for us
Ghost and Gustafsson - offensive guys that aren't much of a fit with Lohrei being that
OEL, Dillon, Brodie - getting term and likely 3 million +
Cole, Martinez, Edmundson - vets likely getting 1 year under 2 million

I think if they can get Brenden Dillon on a reasonable contract, he's the best fit of the bunch but realistically those three vets all make really good options IMO. All have cup experience.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Necas would be great on the Bruins. Apparently, Vancouver is also very interested in him too.

If the Bruins are seeing what they can get for their defensemen, I think now is the time to see what the Bruins could get for McAvoy before his NMC and $9.5M contract kicks in. If he can return a first line forward and more, I think it's something the Bruins should look at especially since you can potentially sign two UFA defensemen this offseason at around, most likely a bit more, that cap hit.

I don't think the defense was the issue this postseason, it was the offense, and I would be perfectly fine if the Bruins go into the season with the same defensive corps.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Even in a must win game yesterday he looked like he was just going through the motions. How he got a reputation as some power forward is beyond me.

I couldn't believe they told Fantilli (who was on last year's gold medal team), to go home and brought a loser like PLD along.
Just turned on game and he’s out there

2 the Czech - Swiss game looking forward to this

Go Czechia

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just turned on game and he’s out there

2 the Czech - Swiss game looking forward to this

Go Czechia

Had it been Canada vs. Czechia I still might of cheered for Czechia despite being Canadian. They win that Gold Medal the roof might blow off that building.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow. If Necas was in any way involved in that deal, that Ullmark NTC clause was cooooooossstly. Would love Necas in Boston.
Necas is tight with Pasts & Zacha and joked he recruited then to Czechia team and was leaving 88 for him (they both wear)

So Pasta said he was going to be recruiting for Bruins (McAvoy same )

So I am going out on a limb here and think he may start with this guy

The Bruins are like a machine but they lack a couple of additional high end playmakers or game changers

Necas & Pastrnak on different lines or at times together works for me

Had it been Canada vs. Czechia I still might of cheered for Czechia despite being Canadian. They win that Gold Medal the roof might blow off that building.
Yeh I bet - Prague is beautiful I loved visiting there

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So Daily Faceoff had contract projections for the top 75 UFA's. Looking at the top 10 LHD to bump Wotherspoon down you have

Skjei and Zadorov - likely way too expensive for us
Ghost and Gustafsson - offensive guys that aren't much of a fit with Lohrei being that
OEL, Dillon, Brodie - getting term and likely 3 million +
Cole, Martinez, Edmundson - vets likely getting 1 year under 2 million

I think if they can get Brenden Dillon on a reasonable contract, he's the best fit of the bunch but realistically those three vets all make really good options IMO. All have cup experience.

If they could get Dillon and fill their other needs I'd be happy with that, but not my top priority with the other needs they have

I'd be more than OK with the bottom group. Particularly Edmundson, who I thought was one of the most impressive players in the Toronto series

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good news for me, I hate the SOB, so will be very happy to continue to hate the SOB. they should keep Max Domi as well, so they continue to have a collection of the most unlikeable POS players in the league
Haha talking to one of my buds today who’s not a member here (avoid social media lol)) but a hockey fan hates Domi and not a fan of Bertuzzi

He’s a frustrated DeBrusk guy who wants him back if it means no Bert

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I am not giving a Carlo for Necas who is a wing good player but defenseman

I am not strong on my knowledge of the salary cap, but I can understand what is a value and what is not, Carlo is a value. I also do not believe that weakening one position to strengthen another just is spinning wheels.
Carlo IS a value.

What do you think needs to be done to be a serious contender next season?

To me? We need some nasty on the defense. We also need some scoring there too.

Then we need some speedy nasty for the forecheck on the fourth line. And we need three top six forwards (any combination of those two attributes).

I think anything shy of this and we're looking at status quo. Good regular season team. Early playoff exit.

Do you disagree?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Debrusk @ 5.5 million, 5 years, I'd sign today, not sure Jake or his agent would. Ithink he's done as a Bruin. I'd imagine he's looking for 7 million per.

Lindholm, Stamkos are my two additions to the top 6 though. If we can trade Ullmark for Necas, I'd be all over it, that'd make our top 6 unreal.

You don't trade Carlo, christ he's our best defensive dman. You trade Hampus all day, everyday before Carlo.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Lindholm is just too risky for me, go after Necas hard and re-sign Jake. Grab Stephenson if it’s a reasonable price and get a bottom pairing guy to push Wotherspoon to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad