HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe he gets more I would land there

I’d offer DeBrusk 5/30 and 4 NMC last year 16 teams

You got a week

After that Bert 3/15

If they both say screw still not worried because I’m signing Heinen and can grab a C like Lindholm and move Zacha to LW

I’m not going 6 with Jake and Bert I’m definitely not 5 and 3 seems right

Given the choice of Heinen and Lindholm vs Debrusk/Betuzzi and no Lindholm. I take the Heinen/Lindholm option any day of the week and twice on Sunday

And I say that as someone who really wants Debrusk back

Reactions: HustleB and DKH

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Given the choice of Heinen and Lindholm vs Debrusk/Betuzzi and no Lindholm. I take the Heinen/Lindholm option any day of the week and twice on Sunday

And I say that as someone who really wants Debrusk back
You are not getting both Lindholm and Heinen for the same price as Debrusk . You could have Debrusk and a significant second player for the same price

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Under the radar name to keep on mind, Kole Lind. Group 6 UFA, scrappy, annoying, good skater, puts up points in AHL. If nothing else do a 775,000 one way deal and he becomes a tweener. 25 years old.

I would be stunned, was being a jerk. Crosby may move on but it won't be to Jacobs land.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You are not getting both Lindholm and Heinen for the same price as Debrusk . You could have Debrusk and a significant second player for the same price

No you are not getting both for the same price. But was responding to DKH scenario.

Lets say you have 10 million and your only options are Debrusk, and a 4 million dollar UFA center, OR Lindholm and Heinen. I'll absolutely take Lindholm and Heinen.

i think the need for a player like Lindholm is desperate

Reactions: HustleB

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dakota Joshua would be a great add

he might be for the right price. I do worry a bit about the Matt Belesky effect if you think he is going to come here and be a 20 goal guy. I would treat him as a 25 point physical winger, which is what he will likely be moving forward

I fully expect Vancouver resigns him before he hits FA

Reactions: Gordoff

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
No you are not getting both for the same price. But was responding to DKH scenario.

Lets say you have 10 million and your only options are Debrusk, and a 4 million dollar UFA center, OR Lindholm and Heinen. I'll absolutely take Lindholm and Heinen.

I'm warming up to it for sure. Getting someone like Lindholm, even if you lose DeBrusk, allows you to put Zacha on the wing where he excels. Run something like:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle/Poitras-X

Far from perfect but a big improvement. Lindholm isn't a long-term, or even immediate solution at 1C but it's a big improvement. When/if we have a more offensive minded 1C, Lindholm is a very solid defensive 2C and I'm confident he'll be productive for most of the contract. With the cap going up, whatever slight overpayment he'll get will be eased over time. Think this system and the players he'd have would be a great situation for him. Depends on the price at the end of the day, but if fair/slight overpayment, I like it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm warming up to it for sure. Getting someone like Lindholm, even if you lose DeBrusk, allows you to put Zacha on the wing where he excels. Run something like:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle/Poitras-X

Far from perfect but a big improvement. Lindholm isn't a long-term, or even immediate solution at 1C but it's a big improvement. When/if we have a more offensive minded 1C, Lindholm is a very solid defensive 2C and I'm confident he'll be productive for most of the contract. With the cap going up, whatever slight overpayment he'll get will be eased over time. Think this system and the players he'd have would be a great situation for him. Depends on the price at the end of the day, but if fair/slight overpayment, I like it.
Lindholm had 6-17-23 in 995 5v5 minutes this year. For comparison:

Zacha: 13-25-38 in 984 minutes

Coyle: 14-22-36 in 1481 minutes

Frederic: 15-21-36 in 1128 minutes

Geekie: 13-14-27 in 1171 minutes

None of those players would be paid $7M+ a year.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lindholm had 6-17-23 in 995 5v5 minutes this year. For comparison:

Zacha: 13-25-38 in 984 minutes

Coyle: 14-22-36 in 1481 minutes

Frederic: 15-21-36 in 1128 minutes

Geekie: 13-14-27 in 1171 minutes

None of those players would be paid $7M+ a year.

Great we all know he had an outlier bad year this year The previous 2 years he averaged 21 goals, and 30 assists 5x5

If you think the bad year is because he is already in a steep decline at 29, then stay away

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The problem with Lindholm is that Coyle is still playing 2C, which is fine for a while, but he's not that guy. They're just about up the creek here because they dont need 1 top six center, but 2.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Understood , I also think retaining Debrusk is pretty significant as well . If you loose him who is the replacement ? If he can be signed at 6mil for 6years you sign him IMO

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Understood , I also think retaining Debrusk is pretty significant as well . If you loose him who is the replacement ? If he can be signed at 6mil for 6years you sign him IMO

I actually support this. The Bruins have more than 10. They have enough to resign Swayman, get a Lindholm, and keep Debrusk, and maybe still add a smaller piece on the 3rd/4th line at above the minimum. But not able to go add some 3.5 million 3rd liner

Reactions: bme44

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Was looking at the Colorado roster; as they might be a Ullmark destination. Miles Wood has always interested this board. Can he play RW though? Between he & Geekie; they could swap out on the 2nd & 3rd line depending on who fits better.

Sign Lindholm/Stephenson & Bertuzzi to replace DeBrusk.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Was looking at the Colorado roster; as they might be a Ullmark destination. Miles Wood has always interested this board. Can he play RW though? Between he & Geekie; they could swap out on the 2nd & 3rd line depending on who fits better.

Would that come with a #1 pick attached. Wood is a good 4th line, passable 3rd line guy who with give you 25 points a year, but makes 2.5 million a year and is signed for 5 more years, and somehow has a modified NTC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

B8E71445-C149-48D7-8D20-F40D64F695F5.gif

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Would that come with a #1 pick attached. Wood is a good 4th line, passable 3rd line guy who with give you 25 points a year, but makes 2.5 million a year and is signed for 5 more years, and somehow has a modified NTC

It would have to come with something; the value isn't even; but I think Colorado has less picks than we do; so probably prospects, or someone else on the roster

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

That is the problem, they have the cash and if they make a desperate move they could live too regret it.

Im not sitting on my hands for another year of Sway/Chuckie/Pasta's Prime on the off chance the bruins can sign Drai.

Bruins have money coming off the books in 2025, mainly Coyle/Marchy/Frederic
Coyle does not come off until 2026

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m Sakic I come after Heinen but sounds like he loves it here - coach and teammates.

Can play both special teams very good PK and both wings and with talent

He’s a quality third liner who can jump up

If they go Lindholm & Heinen

Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Frederic/Heinen
Frederic/Heinen- Poitras- Geekie
Beecher/Lauko- Boqvist - Brazeau
Merkulov
Beecher/Lauko

Who my missing ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That is the problem, they have the cash and if they make a desperate move they could live too regret it.

Coyle does not come off until 2026
I don’t see it

Everything is a lesson - I don’t see them repeating same mistakes

They don’t seem like fans of 30-something guys

Look at their D & G

Days of David Backes 5/30 for a 30 year old gone

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad