PIT: Pick/Prospects from Ullmark Trade
BOS: Crosby

formula for success if you ask me

Reactions: bbfan419

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
1716385893634.png

used the salary projects shared in this thread. Trade with Carolina Ullmark for Necas, get Carolina to throw in some picks by adding lysell (redundant with Necas likely to play wing). Idk what fair value is for goalies anymore. But fits under the cap for a 22 man roster with room for another call up if needed. Shattenkirk comes back as the 7th d-man or put him next to Peeke, Id love if they could do an offensive Dman for the third pair but Wotherspoon and Peeke did play well together as a "shut-down" pair. will be an interesting summer for sure. And yes, the roster builder auto calculates the Reilly buyout.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought chychrin still had a few years left on his deal. Thinking about it more I realize I’m not close on Tkatchuk. Trading your captain you need to blow the fans away with the return and my offer certianly wouldn’t do it.
Just doubled checked with capfriendly, he has one more year with a 10 team no-trade list. I'd do the deal if I was Sweeney as long as it was the best one out there but I'd really like to see the Bruins bring in some offensive help, preferably someone with youth on their side, first foremost.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe not.

People act like C is the only issue the team had this season. But they were slow up front. There was no pushback when other teams got rough. No size or board presence in the top six. Relied on one player for offense. They had little scoring from the blueline. And they didn’t have an ass-kicker on the defense either.

If a #1C isn’t available, why overpay to put someone in that spot when it’s out of their depth? Why not work on the myriad of other deficiencies with players who fit the role and paygrade?
Great post and also great call on Peeke! You nailed it when the trade went down!

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Going to be an interesting offseason:

1. To start, I'll steal someone's ideal 3rd line going into 24-25.....
Freddy-Coyle-Geekie
That's an amazing 3rd line and I'd pencil that in today if I were Bruins management.
2. Marchy-XXXX-Pasta
That to me is 2/3 of your #1 line going into 24-25. I'm on the Lindholm train. Sign that guy
3. Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau is my 4th line going into the season. Much like our 3rd line, extremely heavy to play against. Give Maroon a full 82 games healthy to see what he can do.
4. Zacha-XXXX-XXXX forms your 2nd line. Few interesting options here.
A) Sign Stamkos and run with Poitras as your 2C. Zacha-Poitras-Stamkos
B) Sign Reinhart and run with Zacha-Reinhart-Lysell/Poitras/Merkulov

5. I don't see our defense needing anything from an offseason overhaul, I'd consider bringing back Forbort(1.5) at a reduced rate
Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon-Peeke
Forbort

6. It's been a great ride, but it's time to turn the keys over to Swayman and trade Ullmark. I'd take a 1st in 2024 and a 3rd in 2025. Sign Bussi and give him the chance to win the backup role plus I'd sign a veteran backup incase Bussi can't handle the show. Someone like Talbot would be interesting.

Lindholm- 6x6.0
Reinhart- 6x8.0/Stamkos- 2x6.0
Swayman- 8x6.5
Maroon- 1x1.0
Bussi- 1x1.5
Forbort 1x1.0

Fairly tight against the cap what a difference our top6 would be year over year. Best 3rd line in hockey and our defense in incredible.
I love what you've done but if we sign these guys at these rates its only because we got some mobsters working for Sweeney et al or we just have copious amounts of dirt on them. Particularly Lindholm, Reinhart and Swayman are each more then 1 million low probably closer to 2 on Reinhart and Lindholm.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What a wonderful problem to have, that we want to trade our Vezina trophy winning goaltender to free up a paltry $5 million in cap space. $5M is budget dust. Unless Bussi is the second coming, a possibility I do not dismiss out of hand, we are one bad groin pull away from a Zamboni driver replacement. While I see the value in having 5 million more to spend, keep your fingers crossed because that flexibility comes at a price. As a Bruins fan since 1967, I appreciate the irony that once upon a time we owned the rights to both Bernie Parent and Ken Dryden. The 70s would’ve been a very different time in my life if we had kept one or both of them, even if never to play either one of them in a single game. In the words of the great philosopher, Randy Travis, “Hindsight’s 20-20, but I am nearly going blind…”

Not for nothing, but the Bruins have done well over the years finding goalies on the cheap and letting goalie Bob help them get locked in. There are some guys that I wouldn't mind the Bruins kicking tires on if they decided to move Ullmark and didn't feel 100% confident in not having a vet back-up in the mix:

Anthony Stolarz - 27GP / .925 SV% with Florida this past season.

Laurent Brossoit - back to back seasons with a .927 SV% in a back-up role for VGK then WPG

Chris Driedger - Perfect guy who could be looking for a cheap 1yr deal to build his value back up after struggling in Seattle.

Cam Talbot - May be more expensive as he was a work horse for LAK last year, but even in his older age he's still been pretty consistent

Alex Nedeljkovic - Showed a lot of promise in Carolina, but struggled in Detroit before being traded to Pittsburgh.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Domi is a perfect fit for Boston. Marchand had positive comments regarding his good play after the TO series. Bertuzzi doesn't do it for me. The more I think about it, it's time to move on from Debrusk (unless good deal). Perhaps bruins finally move on from first round 2015 f up.

BTW bring back Cehlarik. He's having a good IIHF tourney thus far.

No more sideshows - Lucic, Maroon, Backes etc...
Yes, please. I own stock in Orville Redenbacher and want to retire with money in the bank.

• Haha
Reactions: Blowfish

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not for nothing, but the Bruins have done well over the years finding goalies on the cheap and letting goalie Bob help them get locked in. There are some guys that I wouldn't mind the Bruins kicking tires on if they decided to move Ullmark and didn't feel 100% confident in not having a vet back-up in the mix:

Anthony Stolarz - 27GP / .925 SV% with Florida this past season.

Laurent Brossoit - back to back seasons with a .927 SV% in a back-up role for VGK then WPG

Chris Driedger - Perfect guy who could be looking for a cheap 1yr deal to build his value back up after struggling in Seattle.

Cam Talbot - May be more expensive as he was a work horse for LAK last year, but even in his older age he's still been pretty consistent

Alex Nedeljkovic - Showed a lot of promise in Carolina, but struggled in Detroit before being traded to Pittsburgh.

Cam Talbot very underrated.

Reactions: ON3M4N

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
TBF no one has ever accused me of being creative or bringing my own ideas. I just repurpose what I've read:

Stamkos/Crosby/Pastrnak
Marchand/Duchene/JDB
Frederic/Coyle/Geekie
Boquist/Beecher/Brazzeau
Maroon, Lauko

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
TBF no one has ever accused me of being creative or bringing my own ideas. I just repurpose what I've read:

Stamkos/Crosby/Pastrnak
Marchand/Duchene/JDB
Frederic/Coyle/Geekie
Boquist/Beecher/Brazzeau
Maroon, Lauko
I’m thinking Stamkos ,Crosby ,Debrusk,Duchene and Swayman isn’t fitting into the Cap even with moving Ullmark.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Wonder how much that top line would cost.
I was kinda hoping Stamkos could be signed relatively cheap, like $5m or so. Maybe don't sign JDB and slot Geekie up to the 2nd wing.

Actually, maybe don't sign Duchene and hope Poitras can be ready for full-time 2C.

It's all coming together now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad