Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The other thing with ullmark is he is looking for a place to spend the rest of his career. I fully expect he will sign an extension this summer. Possibly as a condition to waiving a NTC
The spot I would bet is NJ

Sweeney & Fitzy are brothers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Devils looking to add a top 6-9 with grit and who can score a bit and play wing kill penalties

Freddy & Linus to Devils

Mercer & Hameenaho and picks the return

These are the two guys Devils will want

Curious is will Donny give up Freddie

Mercer is boxed out and can play center but probably is a RW

Legit scorer and high compete would be maybe a Guerin type performer here

Lenni Hameenaho would be solid get - lot to like and can play both wings

Picks would likely be 2-4 range maybe a couple

Ullmark & Frederic are exactly what Devils need

Bruins need skills up front and they get back two high end players

Before you shoot this down a little birdie fed me a lot of this so if it happens I can’t take credit

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Devils looking to add a top 6 with grit and who can score a bit

Freddy & Linus to Devils

Before you shoot this down a little birdie fed me a lot of this so if it happens I can’t take credit
I was just going to post Ullmark for Mercer. The center/wing talk around him sounds like a New Jersey echo from Zacha.

Let em find their scoring and grit somewhere else. Boston needs and should be loving Frederic more than prospects and picks.

Last edited:

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Front and center of all roster decisions is obviously bringing in a top C.

My criteria for guys Id like to see is recent drop in value (attainable) but with top end skill or top end seasons in the rear view.

Something like Zegras would be fantastic. He’s at his lowest possible value, lowest shot percentage, injured all year, frustrated etc. But he’s hyper skilled, has great vision, and has shown he can put up points with someone like Sonny Milano, imagine him between Pasta and Zacha?

Someone suggested this earlier, and I doubt they’d be willing to part, but Shane Wright might be a great candidate there. Seems to be slow baking in the AHL and they’ve got tons of center depth.

Shane is a lot like Byfield in the sense that he’s going to pop soon and then be virtually untouchable. He may already be there…but if we could somehow dislodge him we’ve finally got our first blue chip center prospect in about ten years.

Also Crosby lol

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I was actually pretty impressed with Edmusons play with the Leafs in their series ,only basing him on that never really followed him much before.Does he fit that role?
I thought he played well too, but to me it’s Zadorov they should target.

If that means shaking things up and moving Lindholm, so be it.

capecodder

Jan 16, 2020
Can we at least agree we were tough enough and just lacked finishers?

I hope we can end the ridiculous toughness thing. We were tough, our goaltending was elite, our D was great.

Our F's needed to score in high danger spots and did not. Let's get more who do.
There are a lot of words I'd use to describe the Bruins. Tough isn't one of them. It's not like our best offensive player got his ass kicked or our Captain got his head taken off with absolutely no respon... oh wait.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Front and center of all roster decisions is obviously bringing in a top C.

My criteria for guys Id like to see is recent drop in value (attainable) but with top end skill or top end seasons in the rear view.

Something like Zegras would be fantastic. He’s at his lowest possible value, lowest shot percentage, injured all year, frustrated etc. But he’s hyper skilled, has great vision, and has shown he can put up points with someone like Sonny Milano, imagine him between Pasta and Zacha?

Someone suggested this earlier, and I doubt they’d be willing to part, but Shane Wright might be a great candidate there. Seems to be slow baking in the AHL and they’ve got tons of center depth.

Shane is a lot like Byfield in the sense that he’s going to pop soon and then be virtually untouchable. He may already be there…but if we could somehow dislodge him we’ve finally got our first blue chip center prospect in about ten years.

Also Crosby lol
is wright really dislodgeable for what we have??

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If they sign PLD i will firmly join the fire Sweeney crew
Depends, if LA buys him out and then you can sign him to a cheap, short term prove it type of deal, I would take a flyer on him, but certainly not at the salary and term he is at now.

If he doesn't want to be there any more they get nothing for him in a year. That could be a factor. If he re-signs, yeah no chance likely. I'd entertain Ullmark + Mac for Dri and another piece. IDK...that's a tough one to work out. I'm not good at Armchair GM.
I would do that deal, then sign someone like Montour for RHD. Draisaitl and Pastrnak could be lethal.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m open to moving Hampus Lindholm out of town. This now makes two playoffs where he’s absolutely looked pedestrian at best. Crucial turnovers. He seems to fear the physicality of playoff hockey. I’d have zero issues moving him to some team like the Leafs who are desperate for D
What could we get for LIndholm, if we are talking hockey trade?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What could we get for LIndholm, if we are talking hockey trade?

Very hard for us to say. First you need to find a team he would be willing to go to. then you need that team to have a good bit of cap space. Finally that team needs to need a top pairing (or second pairing) left hand defenseman. Then they need to really like Lindholm.

At that point maybe you get a second like player and a pic.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Here's the skinny on Linus Ullmark's M-NTC from what I have been able to gather.

Had to supply a 16 team no trade list July 1, 2023.
Team had the right to ask him to modify it around trade deadline.
Has to delete one team from his list on July 1, 2024.
If the agent is late in submitting, the M-NTC is null and void.
Player can modify list on July 1, 2024

It all boils down to the team already has his list of teams he will not accept a trade to for Entry Draft day(s) although the team has the right to ask him to waive for any team not on his list.
What would be your educated guess on the teams on his no trade list?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Swayman made the 2nd round series a LOT closer than it otherwise would’ve been.

The B’s forward weren’t tough enough to sustain any offensive pressure/ forecheck. Panthers D had an easy time transitioning pucks out of their own zone quickly.

The B’s defense struggled mightily getting to pucks and exiting their D zone. Continuous turnovers. It wasn’t pretty. Imo it was a big part of why the offense couldn’t sustain any traction offensively. The ice was tilted towards Swayman for large portions of that series.

The D needs some work. A fast/ big smooth skating D would be on my list. As would a physical D who can punish opposing forwards and force them to look over their shoulders (Kevin Miller type)

And despite all your post, if the Bruins score on 1/5th of their high danger chances, they advance.

Lot of cups can be won when you have good goaltending and D.

Sweeney traded Lucic and Hamilton same day and had Rask going to Sharks and was overruled??? Talked out of would be too crazy doing all that

History surely would have been altered

He’s the one GM who will make an insanely big trade

He is not conservative

I'm well aware that he CAN. I'm just not sure that he will.

Obviously he has to trade Linus. I'm just not sure it'll be for the A-list name everyone wants.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Devils looking to add a top 6-9 with grit and who can score a bit and play wing kill penalties

Freddy & Linus to Devils

I like the deal, but always worry about sending a guy to a conference rival if there is a similar deal out west.

With that being said, there is always something to be said for just focusing on improving your team and not worrying about what other teams do or who you give them.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I like the deal, but always worry about sending a guy to a conference rival if there is a similar deal out west.

With that being said, there is always something to be said for just focusing on improving your team and not worrying about what other teams do or who you give them.

I think in order to get SOMETHING for Linus, you better be open to in-conference. If not, nearly half the league is on his no-trade.... imagine threading the needle otherwise? If we fear the East, Linus could basically name 2 places in the west as the only possible fits. Would be a disaster.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think in order to get SOMETHING for Linus, you better be open to in-conference. If not, nearly half the league is on his no-trade.... imagine threading the needle otherwise? If we fear the East, Linus could basically name 2 places in the west as the only possible fits. Would be a disaster.

What does LA have for goaltending in the pipeline?

Sounds like they were close to moving Linus there at the deadline.

Given that they have cap space this season, I’d be happy with a package including this years #1, picks and prospects, so they might have a guy or two who may be ready to contribute cheaply in 2/3 years when they probably won’t have as much cap space.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Nope, Don't want to see Ullmark in Toronto for the next 6 years. i fully expect he will get an extension wherever he goes.

And while Tavarez would be the #1 Center in Boston, he is a very short term fix, and doesn't make them contenders, especially with how much better it makes Toronto
Very fair. That was my concern as well. Not to mention we still help them with their cap situation to address other needs.

Reactions: DKH

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I won't trade him within the division, unless it is an absurd overpayment. But I am willing to send him to the other division

Freddy & Linus to Devils

I'd probably do this. I like Freddy a lot, but he will get pretty expensive after next year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad