Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Modified No-Trade Clause. I read that thinking wth would Sweeney have given Pavel Zacha of all people a NMC? At least a M-NTC makes some sense.
Look at any team on CapFriendly and you'll see that nearly every multi-year contract given to someone 27 or older has trade/movement protection.

The less young your roster, the more trade clauses.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
We can’t score. We can’t get the puck out of our zone. We’ll get better at those two things if we get tougher. Ok.

We added Maroon. Did he prevent Marchy from getting cheap shotted? Nope. Did he get retribution from them later. Again. Nope.
They’ve also gotten beaten to pulp and bullied every playoffs starting in 2019. I’m not lobbying for goons and plugs like maroon, but there are guys out there me that can play a good game and still be tough and push back… see: panthers, Florida

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Zacha has a fat contract and a NMC, right?

10 team NMC. It’s worth exploring. He has a valuable contract. Trade Ullmark for picks and see what you can get for Zacha and ullmarks picks.

If zachas deal is that valuable then it should be a great trade chip for a top center.

Congrats to him on his first playoff goal. But it took 25 games. If we can upgrade from that then I’d be very supportive of them doing that. Even if it’s an overpay.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I basically give Swayman a blank check and not have to think about goaltending. He’s the real deal and our only player who didn’t wilt in the playoffs. He played more than well enough to have lead them to the cup.

Lohrei upped his game and I look forward to seeing him become our top D by Thanksgiving.

Aside from Sway and Loh I couldn’t care less about the rest of this team. Too many passengers.

We need centers who can actually win a face off and we need toughness all up and down the lineup. Also, someone new to bring in the needed players would be nice.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
They’ve also gotten beaten to pulp and bullied every playoffs starting in 2019. I’m not lobbying for goons and plugs like maroon, but there are guys out there me that can play a good game and still be tough and push back… see: panthers, Florida
St. Louis and NYI beat on us. Carolina skated us into the ice. Didn’t pound us. Florida didn’t pound us. We lost because we choked and turned the puck over last year. I thought we were every bit as physical as them the last 3 games. Hard to be aggressive when you’re backing up. We got out talented in 22&24. Not pushed around. Choked in 23. Totally disagree with your hypothesis the last 3 years.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We could've been tougher and could've had more scoring depth on the 4th line but Lucic had to go drink one too many at Thanksgiving dinner and ruined his career and legacy in addition to the 2024 Bruins.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
No. I’d train Lohrei to be that guy. Carlo came into his own as a leader this year…and while a lot of people are eyeing Hampus…that fresh fat contract really is prohibitive. Moving that…talk about pipe dreams.

————————-

Let’s talk Dubois. Flame on! Haha

Plenty of smoke last deadline that it was Dubois for Ullmark. I believe it. Hell, I had been calling it for months. They need a goalie. So looking in that direction made sense.

Now…there was talk of buying Dubois out at the end of the season…so LA has to be thrilled to sit down.

So, while Dubois is a huge risk and certified malcontent…the tables are turned compared to a Draisadl deal.

LA would have to bend over backwards to get Vezina Linus, while unloading a boom or bust center.

We talk about Linus for picks and prospects, DS might be able to get a potential star center AND the prospects at the same time…AND have LA eat a sizable part of the deal.

You gotta figure LA and BOS are gonna revisit this deal now that Ullmark’s family can comfortably move.
I always said the same thing, Dubois as a top C in the Bs team will be an happy guy and probably the best forward of this group...after Pasta yes but last playoffs i ve seen Dubois played with the Jets he was by far the best player and a real horse...he was dangerous...Pasta this playoffs was not dangerous

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
St. Louis and NYI beat on us. Carolina skated us into the ice. Didn’t pound us. Florida didn’t pound us. We lost because we choked and turned the puck over last year. I thought we were every bit as physical as them the last 3 games. Hard to be aggressive when you’re backing up. We got out talented in 22&24. Not pushed around. Choked in 23. Totally disagree with your hypothesis the last 3 years.
Florida deep hard forecheck it s what sunk Bs, their D werent able to take controle of the puck losing constantly battles and become turnovers machines, Swayman saved their asses constantly...they need D who can defend and play physical and be scary for other teams...also they need real centers, Coyle is a 3rd delux center and it s ok, Zacha is not a C he s so bad at the dot he s a winger and one who i trade cause you dont win with guys like him with no energy not physical and disapear when it count...but yesss a NMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
No. I’d train Lohrei to be that guy. Carlo came into his own as a leader this year…and while a lot of people are eyeing Hampus…that fresh fat contract really is prohibitive. Moving that…talk about pipe dreams.

————————-

Let’s talk Dubois. Flame on! Haha

Plenty of smoke last deadline that it was Dubois for Ullmark. I believe it. Hell, I had been calling it for months. They need a goalie. So looking in that direction made sense.

Now…there was talk of buying Dubois out at the end of the season…so LA has to be thrilled to sit down.

So, while Dubois is a huge risk and certified malcontent…the tables are turned compared to a Draisadl deal.

LA would have to bend over backwards to get Vezina Linus, while unloading a boom or bust center.

We talk about Linus for picks and prospects, DS might be able to get a potential star center AND the prospects at the same time…AND have LA eat a sizable part of the deal.

You gotta figure LA and BOS are gonna revisit this deal now that Ullmark’s family can comfortably move.

He’d be hated here. In league 7 years. Already on 4th team. Poster child for inconsistency.
Becomes invisible in the playoffs.

Big red flag pass for me.

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
I think step 1 is to see if the Oilers don't laugh and hang up if you ask about a trade centered around Ullmark for Draisaitl. Then maybe Stamkos, but what is either of those guys commanding salary wise? Probably 10-12M? Do they even want to sign here for a decent term? I'd rather look at them than someone like Lindholm unless they're pipe dreams. IMO you get Lindholm, next step is signing another good center who can be the #2. Sign one of those other guys and maybe a wing instead? Either way, get better at faceoffs and get guys who don't shrink in the playoffs.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
I think step 1 is to see if the Oilers don't laugh and hang up if you ask about a trade centered around Ullmark for Draisaitl. Then maybe Stamkos, but what is either of those guys commanding salary wise? Probably 10-12M? Do they even want to sign here for a decent term? I'd rather look at them than someone like Lindholm unless they're pipe dreams. IMO you get Lindholm, next step is signing another good center who can be the #2. Sign one of those other guys and maybe a wing instead? Either way, get better at faceoffs and get guys who don't shrink in the playoffs.
They wouldn’t just laugh they would block the bruins number. Make no mistake we have absolutely nothing to offer for dri outside of pasta and Mac.

Reactions: Zillah

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
They wouldn’t just laugh they would block the bruins number. Make no mistake we have absolutely nothing to offer for dri outside of pasta and Mac.
If he doesn't want to be there any more they get nothing for him in a year. That could be a factor. If he re-signs, yeah no chance likely. I'd entertain Ullmark + Mac for Dri and another piece. IDK...that's a tough one to work out. I'm not good at Armchair GM.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I’d part with Lysell or the Russian. No more.
For a top 3 center who is 28. Lysell or Merkulov but not both? LOL.

Ullmark, Lohrei, Lysell and Merkulov is an absolute steal for Boston and unless Leon Draisaitl forces a trade here I doubt very much Edmonton would take that offer.

Ullmark, Carlo and Poitras might get it done but Boston might still have to add.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
For a top 3 center who is 28. Lysell or Merkulov but not both? LOL.

Ullmark, Lohrei, Lysell and Merkulov is an absolute steal for Boston and unless Leon Draisaitl forces a trade here I doubt very much Edmonton would take that offer.

Ullmark, Carlo and Poitras might get it done but Boston might still have to add.
If he’s in their plans. He’s essentially a rental at this point. That’s the whole reason people are discussing his trade. I didn’t make it up.

What better goalie are they gonna get than Linus? He’s the bees knees.

Like I said, we’re notorious for under-rating the strength of our own players. It happens literally every deadline…

“He went for that?! thought it would take the whole team in return.” Instead the deal was your standard featured player, top prospect, and pick in return.

If McJesus wants a Cup, going from one of the worst goalies to one of the best might help. It’s winning time up there.

You could have Zacha center McDavid and he’d put up 100 points. The Oilers gotta be realizing this.

Who was it who played with Mario and Jagr…Kip Miller or something? Checking line scrub to a top point getter. Haha

I’m all for negotiating and adding if necessary, but when Linus is making their dreams come true I’m not sending the entire cupboard with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
People saying it was PLD for Ullmark but wasn't it conformed by a reputable. source that it was actually Matt Roy that would be the guy heading this way for Ullmark in that trade that didn't happen? Either way Ullmark needs to go, Swayman is the man now and deserves every penny he gets. I see Vezinas in his future. We've been spoiled in Boston to have great goalies to build around, some teams struggle for years and years to find solid, reliable goaltending...

Reactions: Gordoff and Skelen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad