2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We probably should be pumping up Kurashev to move at the deadline too. With a 54 point season on his resume and arbitration eligible next Summer, my guess is his agent starts the conversation at 6 million per if he sniffs 50 points again.
If he puts up 50+pts on that 2nd line, he may be worth the money. I don't see that happening though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
and you're delusional in general, so i guess it evens out.
He is, but Kurashev won't be commanding 5+mil unless he does put up 50+pts on his own line. That's not happening, and if it does, it means he improved big time and would be worth a short term 5+mil.

In a world where Seth Jones makes 9.5, a 50 point Kurashev running his own line is worth 5.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
This is a bottom 4 team even if Bedard puts up 100 points.

IMG_0789.jpeg

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
He is, but Kurashev won't be commanding 5+mil unless he does put up 50+pts on his own line. That's not happening, and if it does, it means he improved big time and would be worth a short term 5+mil.

In a world where Seth Jones makes 9.5, a 50 point Kurashev running his own line is worth 5.
i have no dog in this fight besides seeing musto insulted for one reason or another. if he ends up being wrong it's just bonus points.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Why are y'all making up scenarios?

He's not getting overpaid lol.

He'll be offered 4M at most. Take it or leave it.

He doesn't have leverage.

And there won't be a late 1st round pick on the table for him.
So coming off a 25 point season an arbitrator hands Kurashev 2.25 per when the cap is 83.5 and he is going to take 4 (or leave it lol) with the cap at 92 million and a 56 point season on his resume....math is really hard.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So coming off a 25 point season an arbitrator hands Kurashev 2.25 per when the cap is 83.5 and he is going to take 4 (or leave it lol) with the cap at 92 million and a 56 point season on his resume....math is really hard.
They're not going to arbitration with Kurashev

If he doesn't like the offer on the table, they part ways

Cubs2024wildcard

Korchinski for AHL All Star LOL
Apr 29, 2015
thank god we have you to do what the rest of us are too cowardly to do.
Somebody has to call it like it actually is.
you mean i should be pining after the guy who is paid more than 7 mil and hasn't scored 30 goals in two full seasons of play since he was traded?
what he has done after being traded is irrelevant. Cat was a 40 goal scorer on a great contract at the time of trade and the hawks have nothing to show for it.

on the basis of what? that the defenseman he was traded for hasn't broken out at the nhl level three years after he was drafted?
so trading away a 40 goal scoring, top line player is ok when one of the, if not the main piece recieved has just been demoted to the AHL with a huge question mark that he ever makes the nhl again is ok now?

Wait....hes young? Is that the excuse? When last year he was one of the worst defenseman in the league and did little to prove this year that being a bust isn't his future? That being demoted after spending a full year suffering in the nhl last year isn't an eyebrow raiser? Or that drafting a defenseman second overall this year shows how much confidence the organization has in the kid? Or that KD drafted a defenseman, then offered up next year's first rounder unprotected for a forward when this team is looking like a first overall contender?

If thats what you got in return for a 40 goal scorer you failed.
i'm not even particularly high on korch or moore,
You shouldn't be.

but the latter hasn't even played an nhl game lmao. i don't understand how you can be even more arrogantly stupid than musto. even if you ended up being right about one or both of these, it wouldn't be because you actually know anything. it's broken clock territory.
its "broken clock territory" either way considering nobody here is a scout.

my opinion is these guys are not players who will be main cogs in winning Cups and that this current regime has no clue what it takes to win Cups.

How can anybody get behind a GM who pushed out winners in Toews and Kane then brought in washed up has beens who never had the success those two had to mentor their supposed generational talent? How can anybody with an IQ above their shoe size say " I'm glad we have Nick folingo here to mentor Bedard instead of a three time Cup winner in Patrick Kane?".

that won't stop you from coming around here pretending to be the smartest guy in the room,
I'm just old school. You start a rebuild from the net out, then defense. The Hawks got lucky with Bedard and should have started expediting the rebuild the second they drafted him. The whole "let the speed and compete broz cook in the minor leagues" trope ended the second you got a player who many were saying will be the best player in hockey in a couple years.

The jury is out if this team takes a step forward this year. The hockey positivity crowd here needs to look at the bad along with the good.

The bad being a clueless GM who's doing the exact same garbage the clown GM for the Yotes did with zero results. This team don't even win 10 games in EA NHL at its current assemblage.

Don't blame Luke for being tasked with winning with garbage when the GM has been the one supplying him with said garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: statswatcher

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
DeBrincat to OTT for a 1st(Korchinski), 2nd(Ludwinski) and a 3rd(Spellacy)…

Dach to MTL for a 1st(Nazar) and a 3rd(Hayes)…

Fleury to MIN for a cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Greene)…

Hagel and two 4ths to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, two 1sts(Moore and Boisvert)…

Kane and Zech to NYR via ARI for Welinski, Saarajarvi, 2nd(Misiak) and a 4th…

McCabe, Lafferty and two 5ths to TOR for Anderson, Gogolev, a 1st and a 2nd…

Domi and Wells to DAL for Khudobin and a 2nd…

Stillman to VAN for taking on Dickinsons’ contract and a 2nd(moved)…

2nd to TOR for taking on Mrazeks’ contract and a 1st(Rinzel)…

Taking on Zaitsevs’ contract from OTT for a 2nd(Kantserov) and a 4th…

Taking on Baileys’ contract from NYI for a 2nd…

I’ll wait and see…thanks

DeBrincat to OTT for a 1st(Korchinski), 2nd(Ludwinski) and a 3rd(Spellacy)…

Dach to MTL for a 1st(Nazar) and a 3rd(Hayes)…

Fleury to MIN for a cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Greene)…

Hagel and two 4ths to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, two 1sts(Moore and Boisvert)…

Kane and Zech to NYR via ARI for Welinski, Saarajarvi, cond. 1st, ended up a 2nd(Misiak) and a 4th…

McCabe, Lafferty and two 5ths to TOR for Anderson, Gogolev, a 1st and a 2nd…

Domi and Wells to DAL for taking on Khudobins’ contract and a

Stillman to VAN for taking on Dickinsons’ contract and a 2nd(moved)…

2nd to TOR for taking on Mrazeks’ contract and a 1st(Rinzel)…

Taking on Zaitsevs’ contract from OTT for a 2nd(Kantserov) and a 4th…

Taking on Baileys’ contract from NYI for a 2nd…

Reactions: statswatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad