2024-25 RFA UFA speculation/armchair GMing

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
tyrone.png

@Petes2424

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Verhaeghe getting 8-8.5, which means Reinhart is going to get 9-9.5. Ekblad to Detroit is getting closer by the minute. Stevie's big blash summer.

1st 2025 + 2nd 2026 + Määttä -> Ekblad
Holl -> Trouba(retained/buy-out)
Fabbri -> SJS 7th 2025(NJD)
Husso + 2nd 2025 -> Gibson(30% retained)
Seider 8x8
Raymond 5x6.5
Stamkos 2x6(+bonus)
Stenlund 2x2
Duhaime 2x2
Berggren 2x1.1
Fischer 1x1.5
Veleno 1x1.5

DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Berggren - Compher - Stamkos
Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer
Veleno - Stenlund - Duhaime

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Ekblad
Johansson - Trouba
Petry

Gibson
Lyon

Reactions: lilidk

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
The suggestions of Theodore and Roy by Petes are exactly what I want to happen. I posted a Capfriendly roster earlier in this thread that I think could compete very well.
If they can ship out Holl, Maatta and Fabbri, sign one of Stamkos/Marchessault, sign Roy, and trade for Theodore (Berggren/Maatta/Wallinder/25 1st), that would set us up for a very good defensive core. I would promote all of Danielson, Kasper, and Mazur - inject youth into this lineup.

DBC-Larkin-Raymond
Stamkos-Danielson-Compher
Stenlund-Kasper-Rasmussen
Mazue-Veleno-Copp
Fischer

Theodore-Seider
Edvinsson-Roy
Chiarot-Johansson
Petry

Lyon
Husso/Cossa (call ups)

This roster will make the playoffs.

Reactions: JoesuffP

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Revamp the defense! Chiarot and Petry reuniting on a 3rd pair role. Matt Roy is an easy fit but I’m having trouble finding a LHD upgrade to play with Seider

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The suggestions of Theodore and Roy by Petes are exactly what I want to happen. I posted a Capfriendly roster earlier in this thread that I think could compete very well.
If they can ship out Holl, Maatta and Fabbri, sign one of Stamkos/Marchessault, sign Roy, and trade for Theodore (Berggren/Maatta/Wallinder/25 1st), that would set us up for a very good defensive core. I would promote all of Danielson, Kasper, and Mazur - inject youth into this lineup.

DBC-Larkin-Raymond
Mazue-Veleno-Copp
Fischer

Theodore-Seider
Edvinsson-Roy
Chiarot-Johansson
Petry

Lyon
Husso/Cossa (call ups)

5 rookies and Lyon and Husso doesn't give me much confidence in a playoff run.
Think it's unlikely we see Kasper and Danielson in much of a role this year besides maybe a call up or 2 for Marco unless he comes into camp and blows the doors off everyone. Not that it's not possible, we would be lucky to land 1 of the free agents on that roster.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would give up a good amount for Theodore. I think very highly of him, I wanted to trade Tatar to Anaheim for him way back when.

If there is any way to make that happen, please do it Steve. Package pick #15 and some prospects and make it happen.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
5 rookies and Lyon and Husso doesn't give me much confidence in a playoff run.
Think it's unlikely we see Kasper and Danielson in much of a role this year besides maybe a call up or 2 for Marco unless he comes into camp and blows the doors off everyone. Not that it's not possible, we would be lucky to land 1 of the free agents on that roster.
Only Edvinsson and Danielson would have any sort of significant role. We can't keep waiting forever for these players to make the team and make an impact, or DBC/Larkin will age out and another rebuild will start with Seider/Raymond being in their late 20s instead. The Wings need to try and make a push with Larkin still in his prime; at least that's my view.

Mazur playing 12 minutes on the 4th line instead of some other 4th line scrub is not going to be the difference. Johansson playing 15 minutes on the third pair will be a significant upgrade on Holl or Petry. Kasper playing 14 minutes on the 3rd line instead of Joe Veleno is not going to be the difference. Ed needs a top 4 role to get better and we need him to be a top defenseman, or we're screwed anyway.

The only thing I might agree with you on is Danielson in the top 6 - but I think his style of play fits perfectly with the pro game and he doesn't have much to gain from juniors anymore. AHL would be fine too, but I think he makes the team better. Again that's just my hunch/view.

The team I posted has essentially the same level of offense as last year. Stamkos replaces Kane and is better IMO; apart from that it's replacing Sprong/Perron/Fabbri with Danielson/Kasper/Mazur, and I really don't think that's a big ask. The difference is that the defense is much better - Theodore replaces Ghost, Roy replaces Maatta, Chiarot replaces Walman, Johansson replaces Petry, and Ed gets a bigger role.

Reactions: saska sault

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

DBC-Larkin-Raymond
Mazue-Veleno-Copp
Fischer

Theodore-Seider
Edvinsson-Roy
Chiarot-Johansson
Petry

Lyon
Husso/Cossa (call ups)