2024-25 PWHL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
New York Sirens is the only good name, imho. Fleet is... okay, but whatever. Sceptres is decent, Victorie and Charge are just meh, and Frost is so generic that it feels like a random background franchise name you'd see in a movie where they were an opponent off-hand mentioned in passing as part of a season montage.

If Chicago gets a team, hopefully better than that lot.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... If Chicago gets a team, hopefully better than that lot.
I heard all that's delaying PWHL expansion to Chicago is negotiations with Craig Drecktrah to secure the Express name & other branding ...

1725909582302.png

This F/B group will be happy.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
TIG-Murray released her 5th of 6 PWHL Roster Status Reports ... link posted HERE

ETA: Toronto roster review added to the post linked 👆 to complete the 2024-25 Reports.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Women’s hockey: instead of the Kings, “why not the Queens” at the Videotron Centre?

Francois Pouliot
Posted September 6 at 11:25 a.m. CDT

While the Montreal team of the Professional Women's Hockey League (LPHF) announced earlier this week that it would take up residence at Place Bell in Laval for the 2024-2025 season, Jackie Smith, head of Transition Québec, would like one of the club's games to be held at the Videotron Centre.

"There are 14 games scheduled at Place Bell for the Montreal team," says the municipal councillor for the Limoilou district. "However, there is one game that must be on neutral ground [...] We are working hard to mobilize the community [and] transmit the enthusiasm for women's hockey in Quebec." ...
Read more at: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/2102544/hockey-feminin-jackie-smith

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Overall not bad

Ottawa's looks like an ECHL team... I guess it's cool they got the logo be both an O and a C
Toronto's is underwhelming, imo. I think preferred Royals, Monarchs, Reign, etc. Just doesn't really look like a hockey logo to me, maybe a shoulder patch, and yellow as a Toronto colour feels off
Sirens, I hope they drop the doppler effect-y thing from the logo eventually. Kind of basketball vibes, but not bad overall

Fleet, with the sideways anchor making the B is dope
Minnesota Frost works. No complaints, simple but effective. Could've made an M in the icicles of the F
Victoire is honestly pretty solid. Like the "hidden" M in the logo. Maybe a little bit like a NA soccer logo
My take on the logos:

1. Ottawa looks like the bastard stepchild of not one but TWO teams: the Calgary Flames and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
2. Toronto Scepters? Too....MMMMMMMID!
3. New York Sirens is the only one I absolutely DETEST. Not the color scheme(that just SCREAMS the NY Liberty), but just about everything else.
4. Boston: Hartford Whalers: The Next Generation. Truth to tell it's also pretty good.
5. Minnesota: Simple, but it works. Putting purple in the logo is a nice touch to honor one of the state's best known residents, Prince.
6. Montreal: Hands down, THE BEST LOGO. Period. And as Ben noted, love the "hidden" M in the logo. It's not even the first Montreal team to have DONE that; the Expos and Alouettes have also done it. (The Als more than once; the Expos logo for the most part didn't change.) I can hardly wait to see what the Victoire's jersey will look like.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My take on the logos ...
5. Minnesota: Simple, but it works. Putting purple in the logo is a nice touch to honor one of the state's best known residents, Prince. ...
More likely a nod to the person who made "The Dream Tour" a Billie Jean Bouncing Baby Girl. In any other sports league under any other influencer, the dumpster fire in Minnesota would have been extinguished quickly & the ashes buried in the permafrost. This one simply smolders, waiting to reignite. 🚒

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A slew of disjointed Kennedies, for lack of suitable alternate topical coverage as The Great PWHL Pause drags along..........

• Meet The Newcomers: Boston Fleet
• Meet The Newcomers: Ottawa Charge
• PWHL Newcomers: Montreal Victoire
• Meet The Newcomers: New York Sirens
• Meet The Newcomers: Toronto Sceptres
• And last, and I'm guessing least ... :popcorn:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Another featured mini-series from THN's fiery Mr. Kennedy, with questions that nominally burn to be answered for The P's Season 2 ... 🧯👩‍🚒
Summer is over, and the PWHL season is rapidly approaching. Teams have signed the bulk of their lineups, venues are secured, and all that's left is schedules and the fierce training camp competition for final spots. ... The Hockey News will look at three burning questions for each of the PWHL's six teams. ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad