Prospect Info: 2024-25 Prospects Thread: As We Wait For Alexander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oskar Vuollet logged zero points in 15 games in the SHL last season.
Now he has scored three goals in three games. And current game isnt over. (two goals tonight so far)). Getting bigger role this year, including PP icetime.
we wanted to make sure he fell to the 5th round by asking his team to styme his playing time

suovas

Sep 7, 2022
we wanted to make sure he fell to the 5th round by asking his team to styme his playing time

Hehe. Seriously though, it was a nice pick. Ive got insights to swedish prospects only, and Vuollets ceiling is far higher than several swedish forwards drafted ahead of him in 2024. Not a lock for making the NHL but I have no problem dubbing him a 2nd roundish level prospect. I¨ll come back with high lights from tonights game.

And there he scored his third goal of the evening.

suovas

Sep 7, 2022
Can you access these videos from tonights game?
Bullit Vuollet or should I say Woolly Bully, is yellow jersey #27.

First goal
Second goal
Third goal
(on the last clip you also see why Canes 6th round pick of 2018, Jesper Sellgren never got signed, Red jersey #3, losing the puck to Vuollet)

Vuollet returning to locker room after the postgame interviews. (you probably need facebook acount to see the clip)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, this describes a lot of our interactions on HFB, to be honest

1000001573.png

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I wonder if NHL teams were a little scared off that Artamonov extended with his KHL club for 2 years before the draft.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder if NHL teams were a little scared off that Artamonov extended with his KHL club for 2 years before the draft.
I'm sure there are plenty of teams that are and we've obviously been more than willing to take advantage of what we hope is a market inefficiency. There's always the possibility a guy never comes over or that you have to wait a while, but it's a second rounder. You shouldn't really be expecting a quicker return than a couple of years anyway.

Washington certainly used that strategy to good effect in building a Russian pipeline with Semin, Ovie, Orlov, Kuznetzov, Samsonov, Varlamov, etc, often with later picks like we've had. Philly seems to also be heading in this direction a bit. I think it makes sense for us to keep trying the same given that we have later picks and we have two Russian players like Svech and Koch that should be key pieces for a while, we should have Nikishin coming, we treated Kuzy well, we've had Orlov, etc.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad