Prospect Info: 2024-25 Prospect Thread

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
This Jesse Pulkkanen kid might be my favorite pick of the draft. Holy hell he can skate and deke well for being 6’6.
Certainly from the picks this year, he’s got something special but he needs to evolve with the faster leagues he will be in and can’t lose the confidence he seems to show as mistakes/ giveaways will happen , just needs to adapt and adjust as he goes and he could be very good.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Was looking at Laine's draft year and had to chuckle at this:

19NY IslandersKieffer BellowsLU.S. National Development Team [USHL]95141428312022-23
120DetroitDennis CholowskiDChilliwack Chiefs [BCHL]117102030282022-23
121CarolinaJulien GauthierRVal d'Or Foreurs [QMJHL]180192241442023-24
Draft is a crapshoot.

My targets that year were McAvoy Kunin and Bellows.

Once I saw Chychrun dropping I wanted him too.

It’s so weird how some guys make and some don’t. I have have bet anything that Bellows would have been at the very least and third liner who can score 15-20 goals. Didn’t expect him to be jumping around teams and playing in the minors.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Was looking at Laine's draft year and had to chuckle at this:

19NY IslandersKieffer BellowsLU.S. National Development Team [USHL]95141428312022-23
120DetroitDennis CholowskiDChilliwack Chiefs [BCHL]117102030282022-23
121CarolinaJulien GauthierRVal d'Or Foreurs [QMJHL]180192241442023-24

Yep, real good year.

It’s so weird how some guys make and some don’t. I have have bet anything that Bellows would have been at the very least and third liner who can score 15-20 goals. Didn’t expect him to be jumping around teams and playing in the minors.

If he doesn't see some NHL action for Nashville, I expect him in Europe next season.

Reactions: SI90

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Pulkkiinen has a setback in Finland
Hope this is not a big deal but they said weeks rather than days....
Can't get a break....

Don't like seeing an injury of any type.

Not at all.

But personally, I'd welcome seeing him just stay put in Finland and getting in a whole, real Liiga season.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Just going to post this nice '23-24 highlights collection for Danny Nelson

Questions definitely remain about his acceleration, and motor. But other than his size, his awareness & decisiveness with the puck is what stands out. He makes plays with purpose, because he's always scanning.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Just going to post this nice '23-24 highlights collection for Danny Nelson

Questions definitely remain about his acceleration, and motor. But other than his size, his awareness & decisiveness with the puck is what stands out. He makes plays with purpose, because he's always scanning.

One thing we haven't talked about much is Nelson's faceoff skill. In this video, it was mentioned he led the conference in FO% and this from Yardbarker confirmed that:

I’ll maintain that Danny Nelson is one of the most underrated prospects in hockey; sure, he’s not going to put up a boatload of points in the NHL, but he does so many other things so well. Anything he does to contribute on the scoresheet is just gravy. His ability to be the guy who merges everything together on a line and keeps things grounded will make him valuable to this team, especially if you pair him with someone like Quentin Musty.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
One thing we haven't talked about much is Nelson's faceoff skill. In this video, it was mentioned he led the conference in FO% and this from Yardbarker confirmed that:

I’ll maintain that Danny Nelson is one of the most underrated prospects in hockey; sure, he’s not going to put up a boatload of points in the NHL, but he does so many other things so well. Anything he does to contribute on the scoresheet is just gravy. His ability to be the guy who merges everything together on a line and keeps things grounded will make him valuable to this team, especially if you pair him with someone like Quentin Musty.

Doubt many here will know who Musty is.

Interesting connection you see there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad