Prospect Info: 2024/25 Oilers Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Probably time for a new thread

I wasn’t aware until this video that it was double shoulder surgery.

Brock's yearly Top25 OHL prospects list:

O'Reilly makes the list. Akey an honorable mention.

Am I crazy in suggesting that Olivier Rodrigue is NHL ready? His numbers the last 2 seasons have been great. He's also 24. I think we will be seeing some games from him this season and, wait for it, he will become our backup this year if Skinner/Pickard get injured

It's possible but it's Pickard's job to lose.

Hopefully can sneak Rodrigue down as he is waiver eligible now. Losing him at this point would be more pain.

If he does well after we send him down this season this is probably the last time that we can sneak him down.

Reactions: oilers'72

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Maxim Beryozkin opens the KHL season with a Lokomotiv win and these 2 apples. Played 15:21, 4 SOG, 2 blocks, 1 hit.

Shalunov got the puck to Beryozkin beside the net, and he popped it out to the slot for Kayumov to claim the opening goal of the 17th KHL season. That trio, a familiar combination from last season, formed Lokomotiv’s first line here, with newcomers Radulov and Froese on the second.

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Remembered to set the London knights to my fav team in the CHL app and just saw orielly had 2 assists including on the short handed game winner tonight. Must be pre season but the notifications get me excited for hockey
18/26 on face offs as well which is lovely to see, would be great to have a right handed face off ace as the potential 3C coming in a couple years.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Pre season but 2 assists in the first period today so far

Edit a third assist in second period lol

Edit edit added a goal for 1goal 3 assists

Last edited:
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not very encouraging re: Akey. That said better to be safe than sorry given how much time he's already missed.
It’s only preseason so they very well could be looking at other guys to see what they’ve got instead of a 19 year old who’s been with them for years. I won’t be ringing alarm bells unless he’s not on ice at rookie camp in Edmonton next week.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
It’s only preseason so they very well could be looking at other guys to see what they’ve got instead of a 19 year old who’s been with them for years. I won’t be ringing alarm bells unless he’s not on ice at rookie camp in Edmonton next week.
Would players going to their respective rookie camps even go to their OHL training camp from the start ? Would think Akey is in Edmonton

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Would players going to their respective rookie camps even go to their OHL training camp from the start ? Would think Akey is in Edmonton
I would assume Akey is playing in Penticton this upcoming Friday for the youngstars tournament. Jaden Lipinski (Flames pick) did not play in preseason games for the WHL Giants, however Connor Levis (Winnipeg pick) did play.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about preseason rosters.

For instance, O'Reilly was getting a chance because the six guys on the Knights who outscored him last year weren't dressed.
Barrie has played 4 preseason games, Akey hasn't played in 1 yet. Hopefully he's going to play in Penticton but I guess we'll see.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
A glimmer of hope coming from almost forgotten Maxim Denezkhin.

2 points in his first 3 KHL games so far.

(Scoring seems to be way up in the KHL this year, so take that with a grain of salt.)
As much as I'd like to see it going way up, for Avtomobilist it is only like 15% higher now than last season's average (I expect that similar numbers are there in the league on average) and considering it is just about 4 games into the season I'm not too optimistic about it staying that way for too long.

Upd.: just checked and in last season's first 4 games Avtomobilist scored 10, this year they scored 11 - so not even that much of an increase if at all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad