Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Next season's schedule is out, so opted to start a new thread for the upcoming season:

20240712_055208.jpg

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Dobeš, Hughes

Engstrom- Reinbacher
Trudeau- Mailloux
Wotherspoon- Jacobs/Sévigny

Farrell- Gignac- Heineman
Simoneau- Beck- Mešár
Xhekaj- Condotta- Perreault
Tuch- Kidney- Davidson

Those offensive lines can go literally any way. Barré-Boulet will probably also be with the team.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

I guess they included all AHL contract signings and also moves within the organization like Mešár, Beck ... Looks really strong
A few of the AHL signing (like Novak) and probably prospects will end-up on the Lions and be calls-up. Flojack also has the option to be sent back to the O, but he didn't look out of place the few games he played last years.

It should be a strong roster, but at the same time it's a young line-up (i.e. lots of rookies and only a year under their belt players).

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dobeš, Hughes

Engstrom- Reinbacher
Trudeau- Mailloux

Simoneau- Beck- Mešár
Tuch- Kidney- Davidson

Those offensive lines can go literally any way. Barré-Boulet will probably also be with the team.

I'd swap Kidney with Condotta and Perreault with Davidson. I also think Simoneau would shift with a bigger guy to give Beck and Mesar some jam, probably Tuch.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dobeš, Hughes

Engstrom- Reinbacher
Trudeau- Mailloux

Simoneau- Beck- Mešár
Tuch- Kidney- Davidson

I expect them to start Wotherspoon with Reinbacher. A vet with the young prospect they want to develop the most. Similar to how when Reinbacher joined Laval late last season, he was paired with Bisson. And I also think they will start Engstrom on the third pair. But I also predict he will eventually move up the line-up. He won't stay on the third pair.

For me, the D pairs would be:

Wotherspoon - Reinbacher
Trudeau - Mailloux
Engstrom - Jacobs

Also on the forwards, don't forget there are also Laurent Dauphin and Alex Beaucage.

Beaucage has been mainly an AHL guy, but last year, he did spend time in the ECHL. I don't think Laval will send him to 3R, but you never know. And Dauphin is definitely staying in Laval. It wouldn't surprise me if Laval goes with the center line of: Gignac, Dauphin, Beck & Condotta.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I hope the announcement will be made real soon.
like I said in an other thread, I expect that it will be annonce soon since the 2nd wave have start July 2nd

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Assuming only Roy, Struble and Hutson makes the NHL.

Heineman - Gignac - ABB
Farrell - Dauphin - Mesar
Simoneau - Beck - Davidson
Arseneau/Tuch - Condotta - Xhekaj
Perreault, Kidney
ECHL: Novak, Beaucage, Mianscum

Arseneau plays when we play a rival like Toronto or Belleville, otherwise Tuch. Could also see Xhekaj sent back, Tuch takes his spot and Perreault/Kidney draw in when Arseneau doesn't play.

Wotherspoon - Mailloux
Trudeau - Reinbacher
Engstrom - Jacobs
Sevigny, Jandric

Mailloux and Engstrom are the ones that need a stable vet the most I think. I still think they need more depth there stashed in ECHL, even if Hutson or Struble start down.

Dobes
Hughes
ECHL: Jones

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
He's basically replacing Bourque as a vet up front. The difference being Dauphin can actually produce.
I would see him as replacement for Maillet, actually see Maillet has no contract yet so he might even return in the end.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Is it odd that the Laval Rocket coach hasn't been announced yet? What could they be possibly waiting for, you would figure it wouldn't take this long.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Is it odd that the Laval Rocket coach hasn't been announced yet? What could they be possibly waiting for, you would figure it wouldn't take this long.
They seem to be looking at a pretty big group of candidates, so the process might be taking a bit longer. Plus, they're probably going to hire the assistants at the same time. That's fine with me, it's an important position with all the prospects who will be graduating in the next few years, might as well make sure they have the best people possible in the role. It's been the M.O. of the organization since HuGo took over, they want to build an all star staff at every level.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

They had arranged to have the second round of interviews with certain candidates. But obviously, with the draft and free agency only days apart from each other, the organization was focused on those.

As @Vachon23 mentioned, they started the second round of interviews on July 2nd. Now they probably cut the list down and maybe having third interviews.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They seem to be looking at a pretty big group of candidates, so the process might be taking a bit longer. Plus, they're probably going to hire the assistants at the same time. That's fine with me, it's an important position with all the prospects who will be graduating in the next few years, might as well make sure they have the best people possible in the role. It's been the M.O. of the organization since HuGo took over, they want to build an all star staff at every level.
I doubt the new coach will be hiring anyone since the Rocket only had one vacant assistant position and it was filled a few weeks ago.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I would see him as replacement for Maillet, actually see Maillet has no contract yet so he might even return in the end.
No space for Maillet. If we sign more forwards, it's likely ECHL depth.

I expect a few ECHL depth signing from Laval on defence though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

They already have the assistsants: Laperriere & Jacob + Marciano as goalie coach and Juneau as video coach.

There was a rumor that Laperriere might leave to join Roy in NYI, but they eventually hired an assistant coach, so looks like Laperriere will be staying.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With all the assistants already in place, I guess the team also has to make sure the new coach is going to be fine with his staff going in. It's definitely not the usual way of doing things.

Reactions: Guess

Ad

Ad

Ad